Who?

Which one of the following characters does Raven remind you of?

• Emperor Palpatine

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Darth Vader

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • That slimey bounty hunter from " A New Hope"...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jabba the Hutt

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Darth Revan (get it...? btw; He's a real character, from Knights of the old republic)

• Darth Yax

• Chewbacca

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Jar Jar Binks

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Yax

Ancient Mariner
Which one of the following characters does Raven remind you of?

I'll go for Jabba  :p!

Darth Maul.

Oh wait, no option for that one. Still, I stand by my vote. :p

Albie said:
Darth Maul.

Oh wait, no option for that one. Still, I stand by my vote. :p
What of Darth Revan? Really, he's the coolest jedi/sith (its not certain whether he really fell to the dark side so...) ever!

Bib Fortuna.

bibfortuna1.jpg

Chewbacca.  He's stinky, hairy, and nobody can understand whatever the Irish bloke says.

LooseCannon said:
Chewbacca.  He's stinky, hairy, and nobody can understand whatever the Irish bloke says.

Finally, someone hits the bloody nail on the head! :p

Now that I've gotten to see him in action a little bit, I'll say the Emperor.  He doesn't say a lot that I've seen, but when he does, it has lots of meaning behind it!  (not in an evil way, tho)

wasted155 said:
Now that I've gotten to see him in action a little bit, I'll say the Emperor.  He doesn't say a lot that I've seen, but when he does, it has lots of meaning behind it!  (not in an evil way, tho)

Watch Revenge Of The Sith, and Return Of The Jedi. He has huge parts in them.

And Yax, Revan was a pussy. Get a good Sith Lord if you're going to throw in someone from the Expanded Universe, like Darth Bane. :p

I have seen them all.  But, thats my point.  In "A New Hope" and "The Empire Strikes Back", he has little or no input into what is transpiring (other than behind the scenes), but then shows up in "Return of the Jedi" and has a huge input into the whole mixture.  I see Raven post here and sometimes its just a "NP" and then he will drop a huge post that is very well worded and contains lots of meaning.

Sure, I-III its a little different, but, still, the Emperor was more of a 'behind the scenes' guy.  He had more of a role in those films, but was never a 'forefront' character until "Sith".

He orchestrated the Clone Wars, one of the biggest Galactic wars ever, everything about the prequel trilogy came about due to his doing, the blockade of Naboo, the rise of CIS, Order 66. You say he wasn't a forefront character, I'd consider it the opposite. It was because of him that everything in the films transpired. Just because he doesn't get as much screen time as some of the others doesn't mean that he's a "behind the scenes guy". I'd actually consider him the most important character in the saga.

If anyone on this board was Palpatine, I'd say it would be RW.

And for the record, Silky (as he loves to be called), is Jar Jar. End of. :p

Granted, Senator Palpatine did all those things, to create the start of the Empire, and change the entire political climate in the Galaxy, but the persona that became the Emperor was the one that worked more behind the scenes-- with Darth Maul and Count Douku.  I know they are the same person, but I view them as two seperate personas.  Not like he had split personality, but more like his secret identity.  Its common to see Clark Kent writing a story for the Daily Planet, and Superman saving the world from an asteroid-- same person, different 'identity'.

And, yes, Senator Palpatine was the key to the entire roll of the Star Wars saga.  He was the right man at the right time in a era of political stagnation.

But you are strong in your belief!  **this is the answer you are wanting to agree with (using Jedi mind trick)**

OK, I'll buy RW as the Emperor. -- you win.

Hunlord said:
Watch Revenge Of The Sith, and Return Of The Jedi. He has huge parts in them.

And Yax, Revan was a pussy. Get a good Sith Lord if you're going to throw in someone from the Expanded Universe, like Darth Bane. :p
Are you insane :innocent:? Mind you, that Bane sought teachings from Revan, in "Path of Destruction". And, that Revan is one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever (alongside Bane). Oh, and he would've kicked Bane's arse, just like he wiped the floor with Malak.  :p

Back