Which Iron Maiden song did it?

Stardust

Rainmaker
Alright, this one's simple enough. A Iron Maiden song has been murdered! And you have to guess the Iron Maiden song that did it!

I'll give you a easy one to start with.

The victim here is Powerslave (1998 Digital Remaster).
Now which song did it?

I'll give you three clues.

Clue #1: This song comes after a instrumental on the album it appears on.

Clue #2: This song was played live on the Maiden England World Tour.

Clue #3: According to the Iron Maiden Commentary, this song is similar to track 1 on Iron Maiden's tenth album.

Now tell me. Which Iron Maiden song did it?

I wanted to post this, but Clue #3 is confusing. How is Wrathchild similar to Sign Of The Cross? o_O

Yeah, I agree. But with 4 possible options, Flash never being played live, and Innocent Exile or Strange World not being on any recent setlist, there was only one real choice.

Last edited:
I wanted to post this, but Clue #3 is confusing. How is Wrathchild similar to Sign Of The Cross? o_O
Technically, what he is saying is that Maverick thinks Wrathchild is similar to Sign of the Cross (or, if the text is old enough, Baeleron).

Also, I think Stardust is referring to Phantom, not Wrathchild - but Phantom comes before the instrumental, not after. I checked, and the original pressing (sans Sanctuary) has the same order, so it wasn't that. But clue 3 clearly links to Phantom.

In other words: Stardust, you done fucked up.

I'm just glad that the original mix version of Powerslave is still alive. R.I.P Powerslave '98.

That reminded me of this:
NintendoPowerfest.png

OK, try this one:

The suspect was:

#1 The first song Janick Gers performed at a gig with Iron Maiden.
#2 Performed on every tour since its release except the only tour where an album was performed in full.
#3 Has been released as a single four times and counting...

He played onstage with Maiden after it had been announced that he would join, but before he recorded anything with them. Once only.

It's on setlist.fm, but I'm not sure it's accurate.

The way I remember it, it was the last night of the UK leg of Bruce's Tattooed Millionaire tour. Janick had been announced as H's replacement. I was at the gig, and after the last encore (Black Night?) the house lights stayed off. As people started to turn to leave, there was a buzz in the crowd as we noticed Nicko getting on to the drum stool. Then, casual as anything, the rest of Maiden wandered on to the stage, including Janick, and played... The Trooper.

1: This song is the second shortest on its album.
2: It was only played live on one tour.
3: Fitting that this would be the murderer.

Back