Which album shoud have been recorded by Bruce?

Which album shoud have been recorded by Bruce?

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Killers

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • The X Factor

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Virtual XI

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters

fekso

Ancient Mariner
Which Bruce Dickinson-less album do you think would have benefited the most from his vocals? We are not talking about re-recording. In terms of success, quality and legacy, whats your take?

Last edited:
The X Factor.

I still regard it as a masterpiece as it is. But it would have been interesting in terms of critical response. I'm sure the response would have been a lot better!

I'm leaning toward Virtual XI. Several songs fit his style more than Blaze imo. X Factor is a close second, but I think the album would've taken a very different direction with Bruce.

No thanks to him singing on the Paul albums.

For my money, Iron Maiden is the best of the bunch, and the one I'd most enjoy his vocals on. I quite enjoy the music on Virtual XI, so that would be my second choice.

I still wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Another Life and Innocent Exile if they were sung by Bruce, and whilst he does a mighty rendition of Sign of the Cross even he can't put out the dumpster fire that is The X Factor.

I fixed this poll. I should also move it to the polls forum...in fact, I'm going to.

None of them. Even songs from Killers such as Wrathchild don't sound quite right with Bruce.

Yes Bruce adds something to Clansman & Sign of the Cross, but the weaker Blaze songs would still be weak songs, irrespective of who sang them...

Virtual XI. But we already have it, and it's called Brave New World.

I don't mean this in a bad way towards Blaze's performance on said album. He did the best he could with what he had to work with. I very much believe these two albums are very similar in terms of songwriting and direction, and if the former had got the treatment with a Shirley-helmed production and substantial budget in a nice studio I'm convinced they'd be viewed as equally good albums. As it stands, I feel Brave New World is a way better album than it has any right of being with the songs that are on it, and Virtual XI has good material let down by poor production.

I'm leaning towards Virtual XI even though i like that album a lot, it's just that this album went in a more classic Iron Maiden style than what X Factor did. Blaze's vocal style fit that album better

The debut album - mostly because the live renditions of the songs with Bruce are great IMO. Virtual XI would be good too.

Killers has some songs which do not suit his voice (like Purgatory, Prodigal Son, Innocent Exile).
The songs in The X Factor are written to suit Blaze's type of singing/vocals.

Back