What songs/albums have you changed your mind the most drastically about, since you started listening to IM?

Desdemona

Trooper
Title is difficult to word maybe, but for example: I used to listen to Bring Your Daughter constantly, when I started listening to IM. It was the only song I would have said was good from NPFTD. And now to me it't the worst from the album, second to Hooks in You. I can't remember the last time I listened to the whole song, and I just go 'okay that's actually not very good' if it comes up in shuffle and I start to listen to it.

On the other hand, I would always skip Gangland when I listened to the NOTB album. Now I appreciate it much more. It suffers from being the song between RTTH and Hallowed, but it's a good song. The lyrics aren't any worse than those of Total Eclipse, and it's the perfect length for how simple it is. Nowadays if I had to choose a worst off the album it would be 22AA just because of the lyrics.

I used to like TBOS when it was released,probably because of the hype,I even stashed my launch money to get the triple vinyl. Nowadays its probably my least favorite maiden album, down there with no prayer

Both albums are absolutely terrible in my opinion.
Yeah its true, as for no prayer it was rushed and creativity was drained. I really like the two blaze albums. TXF is a masterpiece, best maiden album after the first seven, I even have the clear vinyl. As for virtual xi the album is more relaxed, more poppy, last maiden lp length album. Really enjoy the keyboards too. The angel and the gambler isnt a bad song either but avoid the album version, opt for the 4 minute edit. Mastering is also terrible

Yeah its true, as for no prayer it was rushed and creativity was drained. I really like the two blaze albums. TXF is a masterpiece, best maiden album after the first seven, I even have the clear vinyl. As for virtual xi the album is more relaxed, more poppy, last maiden lp length album. Really enjoy the keyboards too. The angel and the gambler isnt a bad song either but avoid the album version, opt for the 4 minute edit. Mastering
After the Blaze era the only album I truly like is Brave New World. I even think the Blaze era is better than No Prayer and Fear. I really, really don't like those albums. I mean, in my opinion they hit a musical peak with Seventh Son. It's so well crafted and measured, it feels like the work of seasoned metal veterans jumping up and expanding upon their sound. Listen to Number then listen to Seventh Son, the progression is unbelievable. No Prayer was just such a step back from Seventh Son it's mindblowing.

After the Blaze era the only album I truly like is Brave New World. I even think the Blaze era is better than No Prayer and Fear. I really, really don't like those albums. I mean, in my opinion they hit a musical peak with Seventh Son. It's so well crafted and measured, it feels like the work of seasoned metal veterans jumping up and expanding upon their sound. Listen to Number then listen to Seventh Son, the progression is unbelievable. No Prayer was just such a step back from Seventh Son it's mindblowing.
Seventh son is the best album, not just maiden, in general. The songs, the lyrics, the performance, the lineup, THE ARTWORK, the tour setlist. Nothing can reach it. No prayer was a suicide mission I only like run silent run deep, they were uninspired at this record. Fear would be better had it had 8 songs. Be quick or be dead, afraid to shoot strangers, childhoods end, the tittle track, wasting love. Has some good songs. Blaze was a fresh and powerful voice that gave the band a nice reboot. Brave new world is indeed an awesome album with some songs being leftovers from virtual xi. (As good as the album is I hate the name virtual xi,ed hunter game and the whole football thing)

Seventh son is the best album, not just maiden, in general. The songs, the lyrics, the performance, the lineup, THE ARTWORK, the tour setlist. Nothing can reach it. No prayer was a suicide mission I only like run silent run deep, they were uninspired at this record. Fear would be better had it had 8 songs. Be quick or be dead, afraid to shoot strangers, childhoods end, the tittle track, wasting love. Has some good songs. Blaze was a fresh and powerful voice that gave the band a nice reboot. Brave new world is indeed an awesome album with some songs being leftovers from virtual xi. (As good as the album is I hate the name virtual xi,ed hunter game and the whole football thing)
Oh boy, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. I just listened to the record again today. It's so good. Almost too good. As you say, everything about it is just perfect. For me the guitars on that album are beyond unreal, so refined and developed. The whole album has a sense of wonder to it, a magical enchantment. As I say, it feels like years of refinement and honing went into that record. Like a culmination of everything the band has done up to that point. It's far and away my favorite album, and has been for many years.

Oh boy, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. I just listened to the record again today. It's so good. Almost too good. As you say, everything about it is just perfect. For me the guitars on that album are beyond unreal, so refined and developed. The whole album has a sense of wonder to it, a magical enchantment. As I say, it feels like years of refinement and honing went into that record. Like a culmination of everything the band has done up to that point. It's far and away my favorite album, and has been for many years.
No wonder they rebooted the seventh tour back in 2012-2014. I love that album I have the artwork in shirts wallpapers phone case, homework folder, posters, my watch, everywhere

No wonder they rebooted the seventh tour back in 2012-2014. I love that album I have the artwork in shirts wallpapers phone case, homework folder, posters, my watch, everywhere
Agreed. I love it too. I also love Somewhere In Time's artwork and the easter eggs in the art. Your favorite song on Seventh Son?

Agreed. I love it too. I also love Somewhere In Time's artwork and the easter eggs in the art. Your favorite song on Seventh Son?
I could say the clairvoyant, although I believe infinite dreams is the best maiden song. Impossible to pick less than 8 favorites. All the first seven albums are great each one better than the previous. Somewhere in time is awesome too. The tone, the solo in stranger and somewhere in time, the melody of the loneliness of the long distance runner, everything. Remasters wrecked this album sadly

I could say the clairvoyant, although I believe infinite dreams is the best maiden song. Impossible to pick less than 8 favorites. All the first seven albums are great each one better than the previous. Somewhere in time is awesome too. The tone, the solo in stranger and somewhere in time, the melody of the loneliness of the long distance runner, everything. Remasters wrecked this album sadly
I love Infinite Dreams too. The lyrics are amazing it's got some great guitar work from Adrian. Love The Clairvoyant too. It's hard to pick a favorite but I'd say The Evil That Men Do. It's an easy pick, but the intro, the outro, and the solo are just all unbelievable. Lyrics are great too on that one. You're right in that the albums all get better until Seventh Son where they peak. Seventh Son is peak Iron Maiden, there's no doubt in my mind.

I love Infinite Dreams too. The lyrics are amazing it's got some great guitar work from Adrian. Love The Clairvoyant too. It's hard to pick a favorite but I'd say The Evil That Men Do. It's an easy pick, but the intro, the outro, and the solo are just all unbelievable. Lyrics are great too on that one. You're right in that the albums all get better until Seventh Son where they peak. Seventh Son is peak Iron Maiden, there's no doubt in my mind.
The immersion in these tempo changes especially on the live version of infinite dreams

Pretty much my initial opinion of all albums and songs has held up throughout the years, surprising to me. One exception is TXF. I was so let down when I first heard it but now I think it's pretty good overall - and I'm not a Blaze-in-Maiden fan whatsoever.

Pretty much my initial opinion of all albums and songs has held up throughout the years, surprising to me. One exception is TXF. I was so let down when I first heard it but now I think it's pretty good overall - and I'm not a Blaze-in-Maiden fan whatsoever.
The Blaze era tends to grow on people, and for good reason. I personally prefer Virtual XI because of The Clansman and The Educated Fool, but The X Factor is good too.

Album: Killers
Song: ''Drifter''

For both I drastically changed my mind in a very positive way.

In contrast, I used to like ''The Man Who Would Be King'', but now I think it's not so good song.

Last edited:
Something positive: I couldn't grasp Brighter Than a Thousan Suns when it came out. Yes, it was the odd time signature. Now, I see it a mammoth of a song.

I used to like TBOS when it was released,probably because of the hype,I even stashed my launch money to get the triple vinyl. Nowadays its probably my least favorite maiden album, down there with no prayer
Yeah, TBOS dropped very quickly on my list. The best from it along with the best of TFF would make for a really great album though.

The Blaze era tends to grow on people, and for good reason. I personally prefer Virtual XI because of The Clansman and The Educated Fool, but The X Factor is good too.
For me it's The Clansman and Futureal that I really like. Sorry, just not a Blaze fan.

I'm even less enthusiastic about latter-day Maiden recemtly than I used to be and it's hard to pinpoint why exactly. There's just nothing that draws me back to AMOLAD, TFF or TBOS. AMOLAD in particular was an album I listened to a ton when it came out but it's just a bit boring to me now.

Back