What rare songs will be played on the next tour?

So , which songs do you think will be the "songs that havn't been heard live for a while" will be?!

I hope it will be (some of these) Purgatory, Phantom of the Opera, Drifter, Murders in the rue Morgue, Prowler, charlotte the harlot, total eclipse, where eagles dare. Ohh i could count to several more but these are some actuall favourites!

Dianno era: I think Phantom Of The Opera and Killers are a sure-fire lock. Yeah, they were played on Ed Hunter, but I can't see an "early days" tour without them. Prowler is probably also in that category. I'd also love to see Remember Tomorrow and Murders In The Rue Morgue. Wrathchild is a definite maybe - it got played on both BNW and DoD tours, so they might be ready to drop it. Obviously, Iron Maiden will be played.

From the first two albums with Bruce: The Prisoner, Where Eagles Dare, Still Life are the likeliest songs. They just played 22 Acacia Avenue, Revelations and DWYBO on GMETID, so I wouldn't expect those again. Of course 666, Hallowed and Trooper will be there, maybe RTTH too.

Also unlikely, but I'd love to see it: To Tame A Land.

Two other points come to mind:

1. A tour focusing on early songs will be great, but don't neglect the best of the recent stuff. In particular, they better be playing Paschendale!

2. It may not be an early song, but hope springs eternal:
WE WANNA SEE ALEXANDER THE GREAT LIVE!

Phantom of the Opera, Remember Tomorrow, Transylvania, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Killers, Children of the Damned, Revelations, Still Life and To Tame A Land are my hopes, though I have to agree some of them are quite unlikely to be played.

Apart from that Iron Maiden, Hallowed Be Thy Name, The Number of the Beast and The Trooper are certain, and I personally believe Wrathchild, Sanctuary and Run To The Hills will be featured in the setlist too.

Last and most important: We don't need Alexander the Great. Play Infinite Dreams or Caught Somewhere In Time instead.

Still life ad to tame a land would be nice as SMX said!

And apart from the early days, I wanna hear stuff from the Somwhere in time album, like ALEXANDER THE GREAT, caught somwher in time and Stranger in a strange land.

If they play Alexander the Great ,i'll be so happy!
Hope they're gonna play Rime of The Ancient Mariner to!

I'd love to hear moonchild, sea of madness and montsegur. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Sep 18 2004, 09:52 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Sep 18 2004, 09:52 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I hope they're gonna play Strange World.
[snapback]86898[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Now theres one I would love to see! Besides that.. I don't really know..

I think 'Murders...' is a likely candidate, 'Prowler', 'Flight of Icarus', 'Drifter' (for some reason I think thats a half-likely choice), 'Charlotte the Harlot', 'Remember Tommorow' and possibly 'Innocent Exile'.

I'd like to see 'Ghengis Khan' and 'Gangland' and I'd also love to see 'Quest for Fire' but thats probably really pushing it!

'Charlotte the Harlot* and 'Women in Uniform' would be great to hear live, that is if Maiden doesn't decide to skip Norway.........Don't think I'll afford to travel elsewhere [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Any of these would be a pleasant surprise for me:

-Phantom Of The Opera
-The Prisoner
-Still Life
-To Tame Land
-Powerslave
-Sea Of Madness
-Loneliness Of The LDR
-Stranger In a Strange Land
-Alexander The Great
-Moonchild
-The Prophecy
-Be Quick Or Be Dead
-Fallen Angel
-Montsegur

wonder if they will ever do Prodigal Son...love the solo on that [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I would love Revelations, Total Eclipse, Prodigal Son, Still Life, Strange World and Remember Tomorow. Awww, but what's the point, they ain't coming to Romania [!--emo&<_<--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dry.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]. I wish all the rest who WILL see them, to enjoy themselves

[!--QuoteBegin-Black Ace+Sep 21 2004, 03:24 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Ace @ Sep 21 2004, 03:24 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I would love Revelations, Total Eclipse, Prodigal Son, Still Life, Strange World and Remember Tomorow. Awww, but what's the point, they ain't coming to Romania [!--emo&<_<--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dry.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]. I wish all the rest who WILL see them, to enjoy themselves
[snapback]87205[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Do you know they wont come or do you just assume it?

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Plans are currently being put together for Iron Maiden play some festival and stadium dates next summer[/quote]

Romania doesen't have major festivals, nor do Maiden have any interest of playing half-empty venues [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Phantom of the Opera, Infinite dreams, The Clansman, Afraid to shoot strangers, Wasting love, Caught somewhere in time, Alexandar the Great...

I hope they Drop
Iron maiden
Sanctuary
The Number of the Beast

And PLay

Alexander the Great
To tame a land
Invaders
Prowler
always want to see or hear Quest for fire "live"
and last but not least

The Duellists has to be one of thier best songs ever

IF they are gonna play Drifter, I would like to see something like the one from the Sanctuary Single. That would be so awesome...

EDIT-Merury, I think it would be awesome for them to open the shows with Burning Ambition and then continue with something like ROTAM, or Paschndale. It would show the world just jow much they evolved, musically and lyriically speaking of course [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .
Yet again, 99.99% they won't come to Romania, thus I shall not see them this tour.

Now to express my idea about the tour itself. I think it shows one of two things:a) They fell into a nostalgia after those "Early Days" when it was all about fun

[!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--], they just want to cuff up more dough through this new DVD [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--] . It May be. In any case, as much as I like those old songs, which is not very much, I don't like the idea of this tour... [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back