What is your favourite documentary moment?

national acrobat

Ancient Mariner
This may be a bizarre question, but what are your favourite pieces in Maiden documentaries?

I actually prefer watching documentaries about Iron Maiden than the concert videos. I was watching 12 Wasted Years a few weeks ago (this is my favourite documentary) and was reminded at how funny I find the interview with the record executive in a park. With the two old women sitting on the bench next to him. This is comedy of a level which can't be invented.

Other honourable mentions:

> The lads talking about Mission from Arry. "giving it all the biggun"

> I may have mis-remembered this, but I think it's in the Danny Baker doc on the Early Days DVD, and narrator Danny muses why metal attracts more males than females, while showing a long haired loon headbanging as he stomps round in a circle with his arms behind his back. I hope I've remembered that correctly; I'm not sure why, but that makes me crease up.

Anyone else?

Yeah, that moment on 12 Wasted Years is priceless. :D

I'd like to toss a moment from the Rock in Rio documentary in the ring, in which Bruce prepares for the show, looks in the camera, saying, "rock and roll?" and then destroys a glass table just for the heck of it. Always brings a stupid grin to my face.

I loved seeing the band work out Montsegur on the Dance of Death doc. I wish they'd do more of that, maybe just show us the process of writing and recording an entire song, from start to finish. Minimal voice overs/interviews, just let us see the process for just one song. Especially given the way TBOS was written, it seems like it'd be fairly easy to just set up a camera for that, but doesn't seem likely for Maiden.

I liked seeing how the band does a tour in Flight 666. It was one of my first experiences that got me into maiden.

From A day in the life I love Adrian segment. That's exactly how I imagine him outside of Maiden.

I love that guy in Behind the iron curtain who arguments with Bruce about rock'n roll and synthesizer :p

I love that guy in Behind the iron curtain who arguments with Bruce about rock'n roll and synthesizer :p

Yeah that's funny!

Random guy: I wanta to play heavy metal with synthesizers!

Bruce: Oww but you can't play heavy metal with synthesizers!

Random guy: But I want!

In Flight 666 just after "Run To the Hills" where the guy holding the drumstick is overcome with emotion and he does the sign of the cross. The passion we fans have for this band is priceless.

When they talk about Mission From 'Arry. Nickos reactions are absolutley priceless. Blllrrr blllrrr what??? Bllrrr blllrrrr. What?

I love some of the stories in the Early Days documentary.. Paul being arrested, Prowler being played at The Bandwagon(?) with Steve there without being recognized. And Steve telling about fucking up bass intros when he played in Gypys Kiss or was it Smiler. All the firing of different band members amuse me as well, it's ridiculous looking back at it.

Apart from the Nicko in the pool moment, I also really liked Bruce buying a mask in a sexshop :D

The first thing that comes to mind (from DOTR documentary) - when Nicko showed the bass line for ''New Frontier'' to Steve (on Steve's acoustic bass), and Adrian said that he plays a lot like Steve (Steve also said that it sounds just like him).

''What you bloody expect? For 20 years playing with you.''
''You wanna do the bass on the tuning? - You ain't playing the drums, that's for sure, mate.'' :bigsmile:

Yeah that's funny!

Random guy: I wanta to play heavy metal with synthesizers!

Bruce: Oww but you can't play heavy metal with synthesizers!

Random guy: But I want!
This might be the best one. You could even make a comedy of it in the vein of Arrested Development.

You can't play heavy metal with synthesizers!

On the next Iron Maiden: We play heavy metal with synthesizers.

Back