What is Sharon up to...?

Perun said:
Free Ozzfest?

Did last year really sell that bad?

Maybe they've realised that nobody is going to pay to see the bands in the festival? :innocent:

I guarantee that the Osbournes will profit in some way.  Advertising, merchandise or whatever.  I truly can't believe that Sharon 'I-will-whore-myself-out-on-MTV' Osbourne is really holding a free Ozzfest - it may be free entry, but remember; there's no such thing as a free lunch.  If she is offering the festival completely free of charge, I would hazard a guess that it's not for the fans, but to regain her shattered popularity after 2005's Ozzfest incident.

Well, free or not, I still wouldn't go, even if they paid me! :p

From the article Perun linked to:

To gain entry into the event, fans will go to Ozzfest.com or LiveNation.com to find links that will direct them to special sponsor sites where tickets can be secured.

In other words, fans will still have to pay for tickets. They'll just be paying the "sponsors" directly, instead of Ozzy's c*nt of a wife.

Raven said:
Well, free or not, I still wouldn't go, even if they paid me! :p

It's not like Wacken's line-up is that great either...although I love the irony of Nile appearing at Ozzfest, how unbr00tal. Meh, what does it matter, metal's going down the crapper. OMFG DAT RHYMED!1!1!11

Black Dragon said:
It's not like Wacken's line-up is that great either...

Well, it is to me, and it is a first-rate argument for me to actually go there this year.

Sharon Osbourne, wife, manager and babysitter to Ozzy (and the latter two to a number of other of metal's finest), has wished death and genital mutilation on QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE front man Josh Homme.

"I hope he gets syphilis and dies. I hope his dick fucking falls off so his mother can eat it," rock's hardest woman told Blender magazine in response to Homme's comments about not wanting to play Ozzfest ever again.

Homme had told the magazine earlier in the year "I won't be playing Ozzfest again–they treat the bands like shit. This year you get to play for free under the guise of 'No, we're doing it for the fans!' But it's really for the people who fan Sharon and Ozzy with palm fronds at their house."

Osbourne has not been known for her eloquent put downs, standing on the main stage calling Iron Maiden front man Bruce Dickinson a "a prick" who had "disrespected Ozzfest since they began their stint with the tour." after Iron Maiden's Ozzfest set last year.

She also cited a "medical condition" for resigning as Smashing Pumpkins manager after just a few months – saying "Billy Corgan makes me sick!"

She is the marketing wiz behind Ozzy's Ozzfest tour and the brains behind the reality TV show The Osbournes (which made so many ratings at the expense of her husband's dignity).

It's getting to the point where I don't listen to my ozzy tunes anymore because I just remember his stupid wife and how she is ruining him....

Sort of similar for me.  I've never bought an Ozzy album (though Black Sabbath is fine), and even my downloaded Ozzy music got kicked off my iPod ages ago... <_<

A few years ago, when "The Osbournes" TV show was at the height of its popularity, Matchbox released a series of Osbourne-themed toy cars. I saw one in my grocery store for a few dollars, and figured it was just weird enough to buy. It's been sitting on a shelf gathering dust since then. I came across it last week, and decided to get rid of it. I'll keep my Ozzy albums, but I want nothing else to do with those fools. I've contacted a friend who is a huge Ozzy fan and I will give it to him as soon as we can meet up.

That's nice of you, to give it to your friend rather than just throw it to the ground, stomp on it, drench it in lighter fluid, light it up in your back yard and dance around it while chanting "Burning Maaaaaaaaaaaan!" and finally meeting its fate in a dumpster where the following conversation ensues:

Fate: Hello Ozzy car... hardly recognized you all melted and fucked up... no wait, now you resemble the real Ozzy.

Ozzy Car: The F*** you talking F*** about F***ing Fate?... F****

Fate: I thought I knew, but that right there confused the hell out of me, do you even speak English?

OC: of course I F***ing speak F***ing english!

Fate: This is going nowhere, I'll kill you now.

*rolls around on the floor, laughing* Onhell, that was just too funny! :D

And no, I'm not bumping this thread, I actually meant to say that I respect Iron Maiden all the more now for being decent about the whole Ozzfest incident and not talking about it, especially since Sharon has decided to sink so low, unprovoked (well, provoked only a little). If Maiden would have entered into an argument with her like she obviously wanted them to, there would have been problems. This way it becomes clear to all that the only one looking for a fight is Sharon and that Maiden have not stooped to her level. Up the Irons!

As long as you don't call him Lucy.... you need a long and trusted relationship before he tolerates that :p

Back