What A World We Live In!

national acrobat

Ancient Mariner
A Sudanese man has been forced to take a goat as his "wife", after he was caught having sex with the animal.
The goat's owner, Mr Alifi, said he surprised the man with his goat and took him to a council of elders.

They ordered the man, Mr Tombe, to pay a dowry of 15,000 Sudanese dinars ($50) to Mr Alifi.

"We have given him the goat, and as far as we know they are still together," Mr Alifi said.

Mr Alifi, Hai Malakal in Upper Nile State, told the Juba Post newspaper that he heard a loud noise around midnight on 13 February and immediately rushed outside to find Mr Tombe with his goat.

"When I asked him: 'What are you doing there?', he fell off the back of the goat, so I captured and tied him up".

Mr Alifi then called elders to decide how to deal with the case.

"They said I should not take him to the police, but rather let him pay a dowry for my goat because he used it as his wife," Mr Alifi told the newspaper.

Source: bbc news

What a strange and sad story. May I ask who was given the custody of the children?

I must say, I have, without even wanting to do so, observed many strange relations between the Islamic religion and the dubious practice of having sex with animals (that is, if this incident took place in the Islamic part of Sudan). Among the matters is that the religion seems to have a strange obsession with the topic without even outlawing it.

Now, now. The question is, was it consensual? Do they love each other? WHY did they make him marry the goat? is it pregnant and not fit for a proper marriage anymore? Where are the journalist with brain power mighter than that of the elusive Bass to tackle these and other tough questions?

[!--quoteo(post=130278:date=Mar 2 2006, 01:23 AM:name=Onhell)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Mar 2 2006, 01:23 AM) [snapback]130278[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Now, now. The question is, was it consensual? Do they love each other? WHY did they make him marry the goat? is it pregnant and not fit for a proper marriage anymore? Where are the journalist with brain power mighter than that of the elusive Bass to tackle these and other tough questions?
[/quote]

Wait a second. You're expecting a paradox. Journalists with brain power are not dealing with such stories. It's the ones without brainpower who are treating them [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=129910:date=Feb 27 2006, 05:22 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 27 2006, 05:22 PM) [snapback]129910[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I must say, I have, without even wanting to do so, observed many strange relations between the Islamic religion (...) Among the matters is that the religion seems to have a strange obsession with the topic without even outlawing it.
[/quote]
Since polygamy is allowed in most of these regions, a man with fair social success can easily afford to marry a flock... (even a light-brained journalist)

chevre04.jpg

Housevives waiting for husband to come back from his office

::

You know, that is not quite what comes to my mind when I think of an oriental harem [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

Will you stop picking at the intellectual elite of this planet, gentlemen?

[img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=130314:date=Mar 2 2006, 01:19 PM:name=SilentLucidity)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SilentLucidity @ Mar 2 2006, 01:19 PM) [snapback]130314[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

[img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
[/quote]

You're right. I think we should the goats a break [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=130314:date=Mar 2 2006, 01:19 PM:name=SilentLucidity)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SilentLucidity @ Mar 2 2006, 01:19 PM) [snapback]130314[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]
Did anyone mention scientists? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=130318:date=Mar 2 2006, 07:25 AM:name=SilentLucidity)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SilentLucidity @ Mar 2 2006, 07:25 AM) [snapback]130318[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Journalist-790539.jpg

::
[/quote]

That's fucking hilarious!!

No ideas, and the ability to express them...that's a journalist.

It's sad to see that a few dodgy individuals with a journalist card gave a bad name to the whole profession. It's like Dr. Frankenstein who gave a bad name to all scientists... but at least he was fictional!

*sigh*

[!--quoteo(post=130327:date=Mar 2 2006, 02:19 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Mar 2 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]130327[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
It's sad to see that a few dodgy individuals with a journalist card gave a bad name to the whole profession. It's like Dr. Frankenstein who gave a bad name to all scientists... but at least he was fictional!

*sigh*
[/quote]

I'm not sure, mate. By now the majority of journalists is made up by dodgy individuals, and it's the good ones having to make their stand. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /]

I wasn't talking about car journalists or those dumb sports reporters. I meant *real* journalists, eh? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=130330:date=Mar 2 2006, 02:28 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Mar 2 2006, 02:28 PM) [snapback]130330[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I wasn't talking about car journalists or those dumb sports reporters. I meant *real* journalists, eh? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]
[/quote]
[img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /] [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]
"Once upon a time, way back a long time ago, when the universe consisted of nothing more elaborate than a sport reporter. . ."
(slightly modified from Frank Zappa)

[!--quoteo(post=130330:date=Mar 2 2006, 02:28 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Mar 2 2006, 02:28 PM) [snapback]130330[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]

I wasn't either. Even *real* journalists have the good ones being pushed away by people looking for sensations or uncovering things that aren't there so they can make money by living out their perverted fantasies of stalking other people or destroying existances.

Can't such bastards be found in just about any profession? Or do you think a crap surgeon or a bad carpenter or bus driver do less harm?

Back