WHAMAGEDDON *insert current year*

Forgot to post this.. I heard a cover version of it yesterday. I think it was Carly Rae Jespen. Does it have to be Wham for me to lose?

Forgot to post this.. I heard a cover version of it yesterday. I think it was Carly Rae Jespen. Does it have to be Wham for me to lose?

According to the rules covers and remixes are fine. I had no idea Carly Rae had covered it. o_O

Somehow made it through a day of putting decorations up without hearing it yesterday. If I make it past today I'll be amazed.

I’ve heard that version, it was played constantly at the store I worked at.

I've heard two covers of it so far today. Once in the fitting rooms in a clothes shop and then just a few minutes ago in Starbucks. I'm still alive and kicking but these have been some close shaves. :ahhh:

I've stayed away from Christmas events and I tend to stay away from those inhumane malls most of the time. Pro. But there's one near I go to because it's not a big mall and has ATMs and good fast food, but they always do shit events. Con. We've cut out going to coffee bars over pause because the new company premises got a nice balcony. Pro. I don't have or watch TV. Big pro. SO has bought a new TV and she keeps it on all the time. Big con.

I say my chances are about 10% I don't hear it - especially if I decide to stay at home on the eve and the chatter overpowers the TV on the family gatherings during Christmas days proper. I am, intentionally, not exposed to the broadcast media(*) for the better part of the day - let's see if I can avoid it all through. For science.

(*) I heard 5s of Despacito months after its heyday over radio while buying something in the smallest quarter shop. I can do this shit.

Btw. I couldn't believe that's it. I expected something pompous like Gagnam Style not slow whiny vocals over elevator music.

Still haven’t heard it yet. I’ve heard some other great songs for the first time though, so it isn’t a waste.

Well, I made it 19 days, and just now it came on the radio as my girlfriend and I were driving to get lunch. I usually avoid Christmas music, but today was the exception. I have been WHAM’ed.

Well, I made it 19 days, and just now it came on the radio as my girlfriend and I were driving to get lunch. I usually avoid Christmas music, but today was the exception. I have been WHAM’ed.

My condolences. But now my friend, you join us in Whamhalla. Wiz is bringing the mince pies.

Back