WHAMAGEDDON *insert current year*

I lost one day after thanksgiving. I didn’t stand a chance.

Always love a bit of Wham!/Slayer. :D

I lost one day after thanksgiving. I didn’t stand a chance.

Whamageddon begins on December 1st, so if you haven't heard it since then you're still in.

I'm still in, if I can make it to the end of today then I've beaten my last two attempts. :lol:

I briefly heard some drunk soundin lads singing and playin this on acoustic through a window yesterday. Does that count? Am I still in?

I think I've survived last year, but I'm not sure.
There should be also be a thing for Mariah, like Careyocalipse or something. I wouldn't last long as I would in Whamaggedon.

I think I've survived last year, but I'm not sure.
There should be also be a thing for Mariah, like Careyocalipse or something. I wouldn't last long as I would in Whamaggedon.

I agree. I probably hear Mariah more often than Wham! anyway, and if there's any Christmas song I want to avoid hearing, Mariah's is the one. :lol:

Now I'm out. Was just at band rehearsal, our drummer suggested we play Last Christmas and played it on his phone. Bastard. Still my second best attempt though.

I agree. I probably hear Mariah more often than Wham! anyway, and if there's any Christmas song I want to avoid hearing, Mariah's is the one. :lol:

Now I'm out. Was just at band rehearsal, our drummer suggested we play Last Christmas and played it on his phone. Bastard. Still my second best attempt though.
Talking about a good reason to fire a drummer.

Anyway, yesterday I took my little one to see St. Nicholas on town square. We arrive, sit at one of those high chairs, order frite (don't ask), drink juice and enjoy the lights. And then... The first song, first fu**ing song - Wham! Some guy turned on the PA and that was the first song he chose. "Wow, that name is really appropriate for this game. Anyway, what was is I thinking, I didn't stood a chance!" I chuckle as I look around at all the Christmass-y clichés around me. But then, and I sh** you not, just as Last Christmas came to end, I heard that voice... "And I...."

"For fu** sake! Are you kiddin' me?!?!" I swear silently and slam my fist on the table. "What's wrong daddy?" my kid asks me with her mouth full of that foamy substance, watering it with apple juice and at that moment I'm sure how that combination will end up in explosive diarrhea later in the day (luckily, it didn't). "Nothing, honey." I smile, combing the lock of her hair, trying to suppress my tears. "There's always next year, kiddo." I whisper, half angry, half devastated. "There's always next year..."

Good luck to the rest of you who are still standing and roaming the shopping malls, like Wendy Torrance in the 'Shining' hotel.

259520031_10159170018280379_3497238308094016960_n.jpg

Well, now I have to ask. What is frite? The name made me think of skinny fries or some kind of fritter, not something foamy. Like soapy foamy? Sounds gross.:huh:
It's a Croatian traditional delicacy, closest thing I can compare it to are doughnuts. But, since it's traditional, every house here has it's own recipe and they tend to taste (and look) quite different, depending on where you eat them. I used the wrong term, these commercial ones are more spongy than foamy. Here's a link with subtitles about what's it all about:*
*although they translated them as "fritters" I realized that term has nothing to do with what usual people think "fritters" are, you know boiled potatoes and such.)

I lost long ago. Heard two awful street musicians perform it on Saturday and then I was in a mall the other day where they played an extremely creepy slow cover version of it.

All I can say is that I haven't heard the original recording yet.

This came up on my YouTube feed and I know the band so I couldn't resist clicking. It's not the original, after all...

Back