WHAMAGEDDON 2018

Discussion in 'Can I Play with Madness?' started by Edington, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Collin

Collin Tool Aficionado

Forgot to post this.. I heard a cover version of it yesterday. I think it was Carly Rae Jespen. Does it have to be Wham for me to lose?

2. Edington

Edington More Than Two Problems

According to the rules covers and remixes are fine. I had no idea Carly Rae had covered it. o_O

Somehow made it through a day of putting decorations up without hearing it yesterday. If I make it past today I'll be amazed.

Collin likes this.
  3. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I’ve heard that version, it was played constantly at the store I worked at.

4. Edington

Made it through an afternoon of Christmas shopping... only to get Wham!'d in a Pizza Hut after. Then again about an hour later in a supermarket. :(

Black Wizard, Diesel 11 and Collin like this.
  5. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Cereal Litigator

Double Wham!'d.

6. Brigantium

Brigantium Grim Reaper Staff Member

Still Wham free. As free as the wind blows.

7. Black Wizard

Eight days WHAM! free.

8. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I just got WHAM!ed again.

9. Black Wizard

I've heard two covers of it so far today. Once in the fitting rooms in a clothes shop and then just a few minutes ago in Starbucks. I'm still alive and kicking but these have been some close shaves. :ahhh:

10. Ariana

Ariana Black-and-white leopard

Just got double-WHAM!ed. After hearing Last Christmas, I also had to WAKE ME UP! Before you go, go!

Edington likes this.
  11. Zare

Zare Automaton Sovietico

I've stayed away from Christmas events and I tend to stay away from those inhumane malls most of the time. Pro. But there's one near I go to because it's not a big mall and has ATMs and good fast food, but they always do shit events. Con. We've cut out going to coffee bars over pause because the new company premises got a nice balcony. Pro. I don't have or watch TV. Big pro. SO has bought a new TV and she keeps it on all the time. Big con.

I say my chances are about 10% I don't hear it - especially if I decide to stay at home on the eve and the chatter overpowers the TV on the family gatherings during Christmas days proper. I am, intentionally, not exposed to the broadcast media(*) for the better part of the day - let's see if I can avoid it all through. For science.

(*) I heard 5s of Despacito months after its heyday over radio while buying something in the smallest quarter shop. I can do this shit.

Btw. I couldn't believe that's it. I expected something pompous like Gagnam Style not slow whiny vocals over elevator music.

12. Black Wizard

Still alive.

13. Black Wizard

I'm out. Feasting on mince pies in Whamhalla now. :(

Edington likes this.
  14. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

I win this competition by default.

15. Edington

Whamhalla ain't a bad place to be. If there are any pies leftover, send 'em Ed's way. :ok:

16. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

Still haven’t heard it yet. I’ve heard some other great songs for the first time though, so it isn’t a waste.

17. JudasMyGuide

JudasMyGuide ...quite like the Jack of Hearts...

I lost today, because I played it voluntarily, along with Heartbeat, Everything She Wants and others. Wham are great.

SixesAlltheway likes this.
  18. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway (slow heavy metal music playing)

I don't remember when I got WHAM'ed but I remember thinking I lost the game when it happened because of this thread.

19. Iron Brody

Iron Brody Trooper

Well, I made it 19 days, and just now it came on the radio as my girlfriend and I were driving to get lunch. I usually avoid Christmas music, but today was the exception. I have been WHAM’ed.

20. Edington

My condolences. But now my friend, you join us in Whamhalla. Wiz is bringing the mince pies.

Iron Brody likes this.