Wacken 2014

Perun

His name struck fear into hearts of men
Staff member
S7300401.jpg

Recent discussions have led to the consensus that several members of this board would like to join together for Wacken next year. It may seem a bit early to start planning, given that this year's festival hasn't even taken place yet, but given that this promises to become a logistical challenge, I think we should begin planning as early as possible.

There is actually a much more pressing reason why we should make our decision to go there soon. Last year, tickets went on sale in August and were sold out in September.

My experience tells me that a ticket costs somewhere between 150 and 200 Euros (don't know what the price will be this year), and that having 200 Euros to spend on the festival grounds tends to be enough. Add to that some money to spend on food, drinks and other stuff to get for the campsite. In general, expect the entire thing to cost less than 500 Euros, minus travel costs, of course.

Nobody is confirmed for the lineup yet, but rumours have it that Black Sabbath may headline.

So, let's start out with the general question: Who would want to join in?

I am planning a European vacation next July.
Nothing booked yet. I may actually be able to make this.

Sounding great, dog and Wingman! :)
Shame, Moon. I'll keep my hope that a chance will pop up.

I'll probably be free in that period of time, but the problem is, of course, money. Lack of it, to be precise. But, there's like a year left, so who knows :)

I'll probably free in that period, but the problem is, of course, money. Lack of it, to be precise. But, there's like a year left, so who knows :)

This.
Although if the tickets sell as fast as you say then it's unlikely in general, as I would probably not go unless there was a lot of bands I wanted to see and/or I was rolling in so much cash that it was a non-issue.

So, you can breathe a sigh of relief!

I would love to go one year, but I will have to earn some of my own money first and I have no idea what I'll be doing this time next year.

I'll move to another city (possibly Ankara) the next summer to start off university. So, no, I'm afraid.

OK, forget it. It's sold out. Yep, two days after tickets went on sale.

The line-up is fucking tremendous. Amon Amarth, Avantasia, Children of Bodom, Emperor, Iced Earth and Kreator already.:scared:

Back