Video Game Music

Do you like video game music?

• Total voters

Stardust

Rainmaker
Sometimes, I feel that video game music is as good as normal music...if not better! There are some really inspired video game music tracks that I thought was really great. Here are three of them.

Final Fantasy 7 - One Winged Angel or Final Fantasy 6 - Dancing Mad
Xenoblade Chronicles - Mechanical Rhythm

So what do you think about video game music.
Give me your thoughts!

My biggest problem with One-Winged Angel is that it's been put out in about 30 different versions, because, while iconic, I think it is a little overplayed.

I like metal versions of video game music, like Armcannon, The Black Mages, and Powerglove, personally, as well as some of the original mixes. In the end, however, video game music can be as diverse as regular music, because games will pick music to fit their scenes.

I went for 'don't know' seeing as there's just so much out there. Depends on the song, depends on the game. Some really fit the mood, others have the potential to put you off completely

I won't answer the poll because as LC and Brig already pointed, video game music is very diverse. But to contribute to the discussion, I have to say I absolutely loved God of War's soundtracks. Blood pumping stuff and manages to create an atmosphere for the games.

Love it. Not just music in video games but the chiptune genre in general. It often spans a lot of different genres so there's a lot of variety in there. Not a huge fan of heavy metal covers of video game songs; the novelty of it was cool at first but I feel it's been played out quite a bit.

Here's some favorites:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AEhetgyCAo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gNiKC9wNTw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLXEF92swP4
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNYsO25n-MQ
www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_1mzPiNev8
(from one of my favorite albums ever)

Last edited:
Back