Venue for Maidens final show

Babo 91

Nomad
I was thinking of a suitable venue for maidens final show ( :() and the best one i could come up with was londons wembley arena. Its on home soil and its in the city where it all began. Its a large venue as well.

Anyone got any better ideas

White Hart Lane. It's a nicer stadium than Upton Park  :D In addition, it would be a nice gesture from 'Arry (the West Ham fan) to his longest-serving band companion, Dave Murray (a Spurs fan)

Eddies Wingman said:
White Hart Lane. It's a nicer stadium than Upton Park  :D In addition, it would be a nice gesture from 'Arry (the West Ham fan) to his longest-serving band companion, Dave Murray (a Spurs fan)

HOW VERY DARE YOU!!!  :p

ISS Alpha.

On the realistic side, Wembley Stadium.

Invader said:
That would, frankly, be awesome.  Wonder how much it would cost, though.

Stage set three times lighter than SBIT's + 1000 people in concert, the overall cost would be around 13,428 billion U.S. dollars.
Soyuz TMA equals around $38 million per seat, Progress-M costs $64 million per flight and can transport up to 2.5 metric tones of cargo.

However, money is the least of problems. Alpha doesn't have a single habitable space big enough to host even a club type concert with a small band, amps and a few dozen people. It would take 350 Soyuz flights to transport 1000 people + band and road crew (space crew ;)). Currently, three spaceports are capable of launching Soyuz, which means that the first batch of concert visitors would hang and wait around ISS for couple of months before everyone arrives in :)

Therefore it's impossible, until Adrian Smith wishes otherwise.

I think that if Maiden was willing to sink thirteen and a half trillion dollars into it, they would open up another port.

To be honest, for that sort of money, you could develop your own space lifting vehicle.

13 and a half billion dollars. Oh wait, i calculated it wrong. 38 billion for passengers and 128 million for cargo.

It's 38.128 billion USD for hypothetical and unnecessary launches.

So, should Iron Maiden raise 13 and a half trillion dollars, build a starbase, finance a cutting edge space mass transportation vehicle, and play their last concert in front of a huge audience between the stars?

Zare said:
13 and a half billion dollars. Oh wait, i calculated it wrong. 38 billion for passengers and 128 million for cargo.

It's 38.128 billion USD for hypothetical and unnecessary launches.

So, should Iron Maiden raise 13 and a half trillion dollars, build a starbase, finance a cutting edge space mass transportation vehicle, and play their last concert in front of a huge audience between the stars?

With the onset of quantitative easing part 2 in the States that number might not be so difficult to reach. Also, could there be a discount if Bruce flies it?

Zare said:

I would sig this, but I already have a quote from you in my sig. ;)

A huge cleared area large enough so that all 7 billion people (or however many people there are on the Earth) can watch it.

Montségur. For die-hard fans only.

montsegur.jpg

Back