Your Maiden blasphemy

I also like the darker approach of TXF that really suited him (wouldn't want that album with Bruce, honestly) and I wonder whether AMOLAD as I know and love it would be that much different to me with Blaze... I mean, sure, it would be, but I can imagine Blaze fitting that album, taking some of the theatrics from The Legacy, yet adding perhaps more mysteriousness to Lord of Light... Dunno.
Me neither. I remember A Matter being described as The X Factor but according to Bruce and Adrian when it came out, and still now I agree with that definition.

I honestly think that The Legacy, as it is, is too high for him. But surely it would be interesting to hear a version arranged (properly, hopefully) for him and his voice.

Gers is a fantastic songwriter - The Legacy is my fave track on AMOLAD, and I've always enjoyed The Pilgrim more than the majority of the fanbase does.

as a guitarist, he's never approached Adrian's BEAST of a tone, nor Dave's fluidity, but he has a great ear for melody and a knack for catchy yet creative progressions.

A couple? Almost every song Janick has been on is a standout track on its album.

True. Maybe only on VXI album it is not a standout track (''Como Estais Amigos''), but still it is a unique song the close to album. (*it was his only writing credit on this album).

Fantastic songwriter! I can't imagine Maiden without him.
On the other albums the songs written by him are indeed standout tracks:

1992: apart from the title track and ATSS, the other classics are BQOBD and ''Wasting Love''.
1995: apart from SOTC..... - ''Lord of the Flies''.
2000: GOTN, OOTSP, ''Dream Of Mirrors''.
2003: ''Dance of Death''.
2006: ''The Legacy''..... - and ''The Pilgrim'' is a great song too.
2010: ''The Talisman''.
2015: ''The Book of Souls''.
He certainly added some new ideas to their songwriting.

I mean, I can’t imagine Adrian or Dave writing pieces like The Legacy, Dance of Death or Dream of Mirrors.

Yep. Steve can write such type of songs too - maybe this is one of the reasons why the combo Gers/Harris is so good. ;)

Last edited:
A couple? Almost every song Janick has been on is a standout track on its album.

Journeyman definitely stands out. Shame it was not written by Janick! :lol:

Joking aside, Jan is definitely a better songwriter than Dave and has written some great tunes, especially post-reunion, even though he has a tendency to recycle his own work a bit.

Somebody's going to refer to that interview in which Adrian "said" he wants Maiden to write shorter songs now.:rolleyes:

Back