Your Maiden blasphemy

The Apparition contains OK solos and one of the better harmonies on the album. Also a stacatto riff accent over the verses every now and then is nice.
Yes this song is a bit of a failure but it isn't irritating for me. I can listen to it and enjoy it.

I agree with the first part. AMOLAD is 80% background noise with only a couple of tracks worth listening to on their own merits outside of a full album listen.

Reactions: RBK
Neither Piece of Mind or Number of the Beast have stinker/filler songs. (Invaders, Gangland Quest for Fire and Sun and Steel are all great)

Fear of the Dark has several great songs: Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Childhood’s End, Wasting Love, The Fugitive, Judas My Guide, Fear of the Dark.

Killers is only half as good as the debut.

Their Cross-Eyed Mary cover is good, but it gets overrated by fans.

They release too many live albums. It becomes overkill.

Powerslave is far from their best album. I’d put it at around their 6th or 7th best album.

It’s not that I just dislike the Blaze Bayley X albums…it’s that I think they are downright unlistable.

Beast Over Hammersmith is a bit better than Live After Death

Book of Souls needed to include two shorter songs that were around the four minute mark…just to slightly break up the monotony of the long epic songs.

A Matter of Life and Death is a great, great album.

I can actually understand why non-Maiden fans are put off by Bruce’s style of singing.

Last edited:
From what I see on other general music boards and "fan boy" Amazon album reviews…

A lot of people think BOS is perfect the way it is and a top 4 album already. A lot hate Fear of the Dark except for the title song. POM and TNOTB are always talked about having one or two stinker songs. The X albums are always said to be “not as bad as some say” and actually pretty good if you give them a chance. AMOFAD is hated by many. And for some reason I’m in the minority when it comes to Powerslave.
Maybe the views are different on an actual Maiden fan message board. I haven't gotten a full vibe here yet.
But, yea…I’m sure we all think they release too many live albums. So I just threw that and the Hammersmith opinion in for good measure.

I like that they release as many live albums/dvds as they do and to be honest if they released more (for the history tours for example) I would be totally cool with it. Their songs always come alive on stage so I love getting as much live footage and recordings as I can.

The BLAZE album Silicon Messiah should have been Maidens follow-up to Virtual XI. Just image, that would be awesome! And image if Maiden had recorded Silicon Messiah with Adrian Smith in the mix. Amazing!

The Queen album A Day at the Races should have been the Stones' follow-up to Exile on Main Street. Just image (sic), that would be awesome! And image (even siccer) if the Stones had recorded A Day at the Races with Jimi Hendrix in the mix. Amazing!

They're different bands. It doesn't work that way.

Neither Piece of Mind or Number of the Beast have stinker/filler songs. (Invaders, Gangland Quest for Fire and Sun and Steel are all great)

Fear of the Dark has several great songs: Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Childhood’s End, Wasting Love, The Fugitive, Judas My Guide, Fear of the Dark.

Killers is only half as good as the debut.

Their Cross-Eyed Mary cover is good, but it gets overrated by fans.

They release too many live albums. It becomes overkill.

Powerslave is far from their best album. I’d put it at around their 6th or 7th best album.

It’s not that I just dislike the Blaze Bayley X albums…it’s that I think they are downright unlistable.

Beast Over Hammersmith is a bit better than Live After Death

Book of Souls needed to include two shorter songs that were around the four minute mark…just to slightly break up the monotony of the long epic songs.

I can actually understand why non-Maiden fans are put off by Bruce’s style of singing.

TNOTB and POM both have one absolute stinker apiece.

Wasting Love is awful.

Killers is twice as good as the debut.

I have never ever heard anyone give any opinion on Cross-Eyes Mary one way or the other, so I wouldn't exactly call it overrated as much as unrated.

I like live albums.

Powerslave is fucking brilliant and definitely their joint best album.

I am fond of both Blaze albums, although the production on both is fairly horrific. But not unlistenable.

Beast Over Hammersmith IS probably a little better than Live After Death. Well done there.

The problem with Book of Souls isn't track length, it's that they didn't spend long enough honing the material in the first place.

I can't understand that. Bruce has the best voice ever.

I'd say we're really singing from different hymn-books much of the time :lol:

Maiden should have cut the majority of the shorter songs from TBOS, and extended The Great Unknown into an epic 8 or 9 minute song.

1- If Eternity Should Fail
2- Speed of Light
3- The Great Unknown (9 minute version)
4- The Red and the Black (Also 9 minute version :p )
5- The Book of Souls
6- Shadows of the Valley
7- Tears of a Clown
8- Empire of the Clouds

^ Is a top 5 GOAT Maiden album IMHO.

Okay I got a pretty good one!
In my opinion, both Blaze albums (The X Factor & Virtual XI) are better than both Bruce albums that came before them (No Prayer For The Dying & Fear Of The Dark) and after them (Brave New World & Dance Of Death)!!!!! Now keep in mind that I like every Maiden album, but TXF & VXI are higher on my list than NPFTD, FOTD, BNW, & DOD.
I've been listening to TXF a lot recently and am finding out that it's a phenomenal album!! It's like a breath of fresh air after NPFTD & FOTD. I can't believe so many fans didn't love it when it was released just because it has a different singer. I also prefer the studio version of Sign Of The Cross & The Clansman with Blaze way more than the live versions with Bruce.

Back