Your Maiden blasphemy

Well, lots of people think Kiske should have replaced Bruce instead of Blaze. Because they were signed to the same label back then etc. blabla. I fucking hate Michael Kiske.

I can see how his voice might be seen as a continuation of the '80s Bruce years. And also that, with his high register Maiden may have gone back to the more bombastic, progressive '80s style rather than the stripped-down rock style of the two '90s Bruce albums. BUT, back in '92/93, that kind of metal was dead to most people. Blaze looked like a much better fit.

Curious as to why you hate Kiske so much, did I miss something?

Anyway, off-topic, etc.

Don't get me wrong. You will never hear me denying his skill, but I simply find the sound of his voice itself appalling. I can't really pin it down to anything, I just don't enjoy listening to him.

I hate Helloween. Can't stand them. But Michael Kiske would've been a great pick for Maiden. Has the range and talent of Bruce but with his own sound so that he wouldn't have to try and be a Bruce clone. He would've had to cut down on the crazy vibrato though for a lot of the slower songs.

I think Blaze was a good pick for Maiden simply because it fit the dark atmosphere of TXF. TXF would be cringeworthy with a higher register singer, I think.

Was gonna mention Barlow but then I remembered that awful Hallowed cover. His voice doesn't work for Maiden.

Could be true for Kiske too, but I haven't heard him singing Maiden and I imagine him doing an alright job.

Was gonna mention Barlow but then I remembered that awful Hallowed cover. His voice doesn't work for Maiden.
2522797-fake-laugh-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-633.gif

Hey man, don't disrespect Wilcock. Bruce replaced him. Wilcock will always be the Maiden singer. :notworthy:

Back