Your Maiden blasphemy

A7X isn't metalcore anymore. Their first album was the only one that was really metalcore. I don't get the hate that band gets, I remember hearing them for the first time and thinking how refreshing it was to hear a band with melodic guitars, and real singing. Opposed to stuff like Lamb of God and Slipknot who were barely melodic and always growled. That said, I only really like one of their albums which is the selftitled one. I remember when that album came out they were playing nearly every song on the radio. I think there were 5 singles from that album. As far as new bands go, that was probably the first really classic album of the last decade. Every song was a potential single.

A7X doesn't seem like a bad band, just not a band I can get that into. What I really hate is mainstream rock nowadays, shitty bands like My Chemical Romance and Sleeping with Sirens really suck to me.

Never heard of SwS but I don't like MCR. There are a lot of people who absolutely hate A7X. They're almost like the Nickelback of metal. Which is sad because they are a lot more creative than Nickelback.

Dityn DJ James said:
I hate Nickelback, just can't stand them.
There needs to be a Nickelback hate club. It would be so popular. Also I always think of this video when I hear about them. (Skip to the 4 minute mark)

My cousin actually likes Nickleback. One year I got a Buckcherry CD for my birthday, and it came with a sticker to see them in concert with Nickleback, and my cousin was like oh wow Nickleback! and everyone else was like seriously you really like that band?!? :D

That video was pretty funny, I'm sure I'm not the only one that get Buckcherry and Chuck Berry confused.

Mosh said:
I don't know. I became a a fan around 2005 when he stopped. So it wasn't until I checked out those two albums before I knew he growled in the first place. If you look at the comments you'll see that many people don't like the new stuff which makes sense. They went for a mainstream metal sound after the success of Bat Country and that's where they are now.

Iit looks like the fans got used to their early sound, so it seems like they "sold out" to them. Am I right?

Dityn DJ James said:
Not a big metalcore fan, I have a friend who's been trying to get me into A7X. Some of there stuff is ok.

Yeah, me too. I haven't listened much to their songs, but they're not bad for a metalcore "new metal" band.

How come I never told you guys! Nickelback is my favorite band! :wub:

I know every their song like, forwards and backwards, dude! :wub:

Damn you all Nickelback haters! :ninja:

Black Thunder said:
Iit looks like the fans got used to their early sound, so it seems like they "sold out" to them. Am I right?
I wouldn't say that. It was very gradual, and the album City of Evil was really similar to those first to records (it was the third album) but without the growling. And both albums since then have had at least one song that sounds like the first two. I think what happened was after that album the drummer started writing the songs and his style of writing was more grooves and lots of hooks and a catchy chorus. Obviously that's a formula to writing singles. It'll be interesting to see if they naturally go back to that older more aggressive style without him. After hearing that new song they did for Call of Duty, signs point to yes.

I don't think there's a thread like this, I did have a look but I couldn't see anything. So, what's an opinion you have about Maiden that may be unpopular with other people...

Mine is that I don't think Somewhere In Time is that good of an album. I've tried to listen to it, multiple times, but it's never clicked. Although, Alexander The Great, Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait are great tracks.

:)

Love threads like these.

• No Prayer For the Dying is a really good album. Not their best, but far from their worst. As far as 90s albums go I'd probably rate it 2nd only to X Factor.
  • Quest For Fire and Sun and Steel are awesome. Especially the latter. There is so much cool stuff happening there, it blows my mind that it isn't as popular as other songs from the album.
  • Drifter is a great song and a fun way to close an otherwise dark album.
  • Fear Of the Dark (the song) is massively overrated. It's the audience that makes that song cool live, not the band. On its own, its just as bad as every other song on the album (excluding ATSS). I wish they'd fill that concert time with something else.
  • New Frontier isn't that bad.
  • Killers is way better than the debut. Like, lightyears better. It's a near perfect album. Don't get me wrong, the debut is great too, but Killers is just on another level.
That should be enough for now. :p

Back