Unpopular Maiden Opinions

Ariana

Black-and-white leopard
Somebody's going to refer to that interview in which Adrian "said" he wants Maiden to write shorter songs now.:rolleyes:

Perun

Dominus et deus
Staff member
Remember how Adrian adopted Kevin Shirley and he just started to go fishing from then on?

Randalf

Ancient Mariner
I am curious how they’re gonna top Book of Souls. I wonder if they’d ever consider going the other way and putting out another 8 song, 40-50 minute album with 7 rockers and an epic. I can’t imagine going more epic than BoS.

While that's not going to happen, I definitely hope and sort of believe they could put out a record with just 8-9 songs. You know, not necessarily "rockers", but interesting ~7 minute songs with a one or two "mammoths" and Tears of a Clown type hard-rockish pieces thrown in.

Alas! it probably won't happen, but that'd pretty much be the ideal Maiden #17 album for me.

At this point anyway!

srfc

Ancient Mariner
I seem to remember Steve being asked about it recently (when promoting the second British Lion album) and his answer was along the lines of what I posted.

I've also seen Steve say the opposite a few times, i.e. maybe it would be a challenge he could set himself to try only write short songs. However, I think that's more likely him thinking aloud rather than a serious proposition.

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
Somebody's going to refer to that interview in which Adrian "said" he wants Maiden to write shorter songs now.:rolleyes:

That type of comment would be an easy one to address, as he already did it for The Book of Souls. Not one, not two, but three short songs written by H! :)

Midnight

The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
Bruce has never quite done the Di'Anno-era songs justice. The initial "air raid siren" complaints he got were accurate.