1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unpopular Maiden Opinions

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by THESEVENTHMARINER, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Black Bart

Black Bart Ancient Mariner

The first phrase (2'41-2'46) is catchy as hell, granted, and I like the third one (2'51-2'56) as well. I don't find the rest of the solo particularly memorable though. In a way, it kind of reflects my opinion on the whole album: flashes of greatness in the middle of a long, average sequence (by Maiden standards).

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. Wasting Love is a great song

3. Ariana

Ariana Purple leopard

I've always known there's something wrong with you. <_<

4. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

Never knew H was a Musketeer :oops:. Thought he was into angling.

Diesel 11 likes this.
  5. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Here's one for you. Maiden are too loud. As in they sacrifice the nuances in their music when they perform live, in favour of the brain-flaying impact of a colossal wall of sound. It sounds okay on the floor standing towards the front of a venue, it's prone to being crackly and one dimensional everywhere else. I did a couple of videos at the Leeds gig this year, and the sound is bizarrely better with the phone filtering out some of the white noise than it was at the venue on the night.

Mosh likes this.
  6. Dave Murray is probably the best technical guitarist in the band and it legit blows my mind how few fans rate him at their favourite or appreciate his songwriting.

7. jazz from hell

jazz from hell Ancient Mariner

Maiden are better in outdoor venues, because of better acoustics, not so much reverb. In smaller indoor venues the sound could be great, but they always play in too big ones for this.

8. Listen reaaaaaaaally carefully to every little detail on this entire album and give a few hears, specially in "Stranger" "Loneliness" and "Alexander" I think the amount of work and effort that is this album is absolutely insane

9. How????? The only reason im glad that Kiske never got into Maiden is that Bruce probably wouldn't have returned until much later or just never at all...

10. What do you mean? Maiden has had a world tour practically every year since returning with all its OG members

11. I agree, All title tracks are "epics" in Maiden's catalog... but this being the very first one it doesn't have that long epic title track that came with every album afte
    Whats wrong with Infinite Dreams...

12. I can't get into Powerslave as an album. I love a number of the songs on the albums but the album is too samey for me when listening to it all the way through. It just becomes a blur.

However some of their best guitar playing is on this album.

13. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

When you say 'a number of songs' do you mean all of them? If so, you are correct.

Lampwick 43 likes this.
  14. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

I have, I'm still not sold on Stranger or Loneliness, especially when you listen to the album in full and it's just too much brash stuff with no break. Alexander I'm fonder of.

15. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Brash stuff!? Brash?! Brigs, please; stop the SiT bashing. It doesn't read well; folks will start forming opinions here.

Diesel 11 likes this.
  16. Operations666

Operations666 Educated Fool

I like SiT better than 7th Son, actually. The "brash" sound is so cool.

17. Mr Chippy

Mr Chippy Prowler

I remember first listening to Maiden and seeing pictures of the band and not being a big fan of Steve for some reason.

18. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Gott Mit Uns

This is what I thought when I first heard the album. The songs seemed to not fit together as well as they did just listening to them separately. Nowadays though, I think Powerslave is perfect in every way, shape, and form.

Agreed. Plus, SSOASS has The Prophecy, which is good but not when compared to the rest of the album, and SIT has... no bad songs whatsoever!

You... you don't still think this, do you...???? :eek:

19. Mr Chippy

Mr Chippy Prowler

This Beckett thing has really thrown things up in the air. I'm not sure what to think of Steve now.

20. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

Steve is a fuckin langer.