Un-documented live songs (OFFICIAL RELEASES)

That was when they were invited to play 'Running Free'. In any case, when they went to play 'WIU' they didn't mime either but afterwards they said it was such a horrible experience that they vowed to never do it again... That of course changed in 1995 although Blaze did sing live
Ok word, so I was more or less completely correct and awesome.

So why did Maiden begin miming performances when they were reluctant do to it in the beginning? I think first instance that we have is 1983 Tocata show in Spain.

Wasn't Women in Uniform played live by the band, with the stipulation that they'd refuse to play if they couldn't do it there way? Something something no one has played live at Topper Poppers since The Who. I remember reading it in Run To The Hills 1st and 3rd editions of the Official Iron Maiden Biography by Mick Wall.

That was Running Free.

So why did Maiden begin miming performances when they were reluctant do to it in the beginning? I think first instance that we have is 1983 Tocata show in Spain.
They started mining as soon as they become an international act mate. Earliest example is 'Running Free' in the Rock and Pop TV program filmed in Germany.

When they had the chance they played live but when given the chance to appear to a wider audience in another country they went with it. In the UK they had leverage and the power to refuse at first, that wasn't the case in other places.

To reach a wider audience?

Nicko’s first appearance drumming with the band was miming for Belgian TV in 1982.
Wider audience = People who watch TV shows and in this case, music programs.

I know about Nicko's first appearance with Maiden... BTW Adrian's first public appearance with the band was also a mimed performance filmed in Munich on November 8, 1980 and aired on November 11, 1980.

We do have a live performance of Women In Uniform by Maiden.
If I'm not mistaken, Maiden played WIU and Invasion during the tour for the debut album (Invasion probably was also played live during the concerts in the 70's or during the Metal For Muthas tour...?).

If I'm not mistaken, Maiden played WIU and Invasion during the tour for the debut album (Invasion probably was also played live during the concerts in the 70's or during the Metal For Muthas tour...?).
You just made me realise that the B-side for WIU was played a lot more than the actual A-side!

The answer to your question is yes, WIU was played in some occasions during the promo tour for the single and Invasion was played in 1979 and in the second leg of the Metal For Muthas Tour

Well, they're definitely wrong. Their performances in TOCATA aren't anything particularly special but for the fact that they appeared on TV the very first time they visited their country

They are not. They watched that on TV and from having no interest in heavy metal they became Maiden fans, hence the road to Damascus moment.

Sorry I understood the thing wrong mate. I thought you meant that Maiden playing in Tocata was the first time they mimed on TV.
They are not. They watched that on TV and from having no interest in heavy metal they became Maiden fans, hence the road to Damascus moment.

Sorry I understood the thing wrong mate. I thought you meant that Maiden playing in Tocata was the first time they mimed on TV.

No worries mate. I was just trying to say that Maiden miming in such an elaborate way in this particular TV show changed the life of many.

Oh, I get it now! BTW I do remember that there's an interview where Bruce comments that in the early days, when they had to mime they tried very hard to look as good as possible. The Tocata shows are definitely an example.
No worries mate. I was just trying to say that Maiden miming in such an elaborate way in this particular TV show changed the life of many.

Back