UK Politics

Brigantium

General of the Dark Army
Staff member
So while everyone (left and right of political scene) is being so scathing about BBC news coverage, Sky goes and runs a story highlighting how the deputy leader of one party took out a loan for a boob job. Regardless that the rest of the interview was about all sorts of aspects of her life and career, and her party's policies. Nope. Woman borrows cash for boob job after gaining weight in pregnancy.

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
So while everyone (left and right of political scene) is being so scathing about BBC news coverage, Sky goes and runs a story highlighting how the deputy leader of one party took out a loan for a boob job. Regardless that the rest of the interview was about all sorts of aspects of her life and career, and her party's policies. Nope. Woman borrows cash for boob job after gaining weight in pregnancy.

It is pathetically sexist, isn’t it? :mad:

Last edited:

____no5

Free Man
Yes, more on the mockery side. But still, I think the boobs thing was more of taboo category than sexism. Not that I read the reporting but based on the belief that UK's media & pc attitude have left sexism behind.

Brigantium

General of the Dark Army
Staff member
I'm still baffled what the point of the article was. It was the deputy Labour leader they were talking about (popular target, she was the one who got the 'Sharon Stone' comments after not sitting with her legs crossed or whatever in Parliament). They might have been trying to imply that she used public money, but they were also highlighting stuff about her saying she was out of shape after pregnancy. In Daily Mail style reporting this could have been an opportunity for 'real mums' to accuse of her of vanity.

Or maybe she's criticised debt culture before, and she got a loan for the operation. Who knows. It was definitely barbed, I just can't work out in what way.