Tyranny Of Souls

A

Anonymous

Well after having the album delivered 3 days before its release date, i was obviously very very excited!

I dont think ive listened to anything else all weekend, what a fabulous album! From the very begining your attention is held, and wondering whats coming next, fantastic! I hope to do a full review, whilst listening to each track, and give my detailed opinions.

So, what are your views on the new solo album from Bruce?

for me, its 9 out of 10

[!--QuoteBegin-DarkKnight+May 23 2005, 11:07 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DarkKnight @ May 23 2005, 11:07 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]So, what are your views on the new solo album from Bruce?
[snapback]105364[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Disappointing, although still decent...

6/10 I suppose

8/10. There's some killer songs, some average songs, some so-so songs. Nothing particularly poor, but it's not TCW.

Solid, though not spectacular. Very good, though not exceptional. In my opinion, the best songs are "Soul Intruder" and "Power of the Sun". 7.5 out of 10.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+May 24 2005, 01:21 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ May 24 2005, 01:21 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]8/10.  There's some killer songs, some average songs, some so-so songs.  Nothing particularly poor, but it's not TCW.
[snapback]105372[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I agree. It's a solid album, although it's not "The chemical wedding", that still is one of the best albums Bruce has ever done (Maiden classics included).

8/10 for me.

Its a good album but it didnt surprise me , cause it sound alot like the chemmical wedding , at least in my opinion. 7 / 10 for me

Okay, I've heard most of it now. It seems like nothing more than a solid album. 6 stars. It's still a mile better than Angel of Retribution, which I also have just now heard, which had only 1 good song and was an overall crapfest.

To me, it's still too early to rate 'Tyranny of Souls', yet I can confirm that it already belongs to my favourite Metal albums ever! [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

All I can say at the moment is that both 'Kill Devil Hill' and 'Navigate the Seas of the Sun' are in my Bruce top ten songs.However, the other thing is that both 'Believil' and 'Devil on a Hog' must be two of the worst things he's ever done. [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Bought it today and has listened to it once. I'd say it's decent but far from the standard set with his last three solo albums and there weren't any songs except River of No Return that really impressed me.

7/10 would be my verdict.

[!--QuoteBegin-DOD=WEAK+May 28 2005, 03:38 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DOD=WEAK @ May 28 2005, 03:38 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]It sure was better than DOD!
[snapback]105892[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Why the f**k are you comparing 'Tyranny of Souls' with 'Dance of Death' [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

There's no use in comparing Iron Maiden with Bruce Dickinson, is there? [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+May 23 2005, 09:13 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ May 23 2005, 09:13 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Disappointing, although still decent...

6/10 I suppose
[snapback]105365[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I'm sorry Mav, yet I do beg to differ!I advice you to skip both 'Believil' and 'Devil on a Hog' and you may experience another wonderful Bruce Dickinson album that crushes lots of Maiden albums... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The sound is quite strange at times, e.g. the drums during Soul Intruders, when Bruce sings "half lives" - the snare drum sounds crap there - similar during Power Of The Sun and "River Of No Return"

Kill Devil Hill rocks and so does Abduction. But all the songs seem to be based on around the same thing. ie. River Of No Return and Navigate The Seas And Sun. I would give it a 6/10 too.

[!--QuoteBegin-Pineapple Hunter+May 28 2005, 12:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ May 28 2005, 12:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Kill Devil Hill rocks and so does Abduction. But all the songs seem to be based on around the same thing. ie. River Of No Return and Navigate The Seas And Sun. I would give it a 6/10 too.
[snapback]105937[/snapback]​
[/quote]

River of No Return and Navigate The Seas of The Sun are great songs.

Just got it yesterday (damn Amazon and their slow delivery speeds). Played it through twice now and I was pleasently surpirsed. I know Bruce is the man and couldn't make a terrible album (even Skunkworks has some good tracks), but from the hyoe I had hear I was expecting a middle of the road type album. Furthermore I questioned how good it would sound without Mr Smith playing like he did on CW and AOB.

However, I love Tyranny of Souls. It has some excellent tracks and the rest are great. Abduction is fantastic, the title track is amazing and heavy as a very heavy thing indeed. Devil on a Hog is awesome, if not a little silly. Its classic Bruce. Bruce continues to amaze me with his solo stuff, its just as good as a lot of Maiden stuff and just different enough from Maiden to make me interested and excited.

Well done Mr Dickinson and Mr Z.

I'd love ot hear Iron Maiden produced by Roy Z, but I'm sure Harry wouldn;t like to give away enough control to allow it to successfully work. Saying that, Maiden's last two albums have been killer, so we're all winners eitherway.

God I love heavy metal.

Back