Tyranny of souls

A

Anonymous

hhmmm its been out for a little while and I just wondered out of the uys on this forum who has got it and what do they think

This is the second bruce solo album I have got....The first was the best of so that doesnt really count but I have to say funnily enough on the best of there r songs on it that i dont like but I love all the songs on tyranny of souls...Devil on a hog and kill devil hill being my favs....anyone got a fav?

well feel free to discuss

Yeah, it's a great album alright. It's the second one I got after The Chemical Wedding. I love the artwork inside it as well!

Favourite songs: Navigate the seas of the sun, title track, Soul Intruders, Believil and Kill Devil Hill.

I have all of Bruce's solo albums! They are all really good but for me Balls to Picasso, Accident of Birth and The chemical Wedding are great!!!

Tyranny of Souls is a stong album, my favorites are: Abduction, soul intruders, kill devil hill, tyranny of souls

Frankly, I consider it a weak album. Abduction and Navigate the seas of the Sun are the only good tracks on it. The others are just purely produced and not seo well composed either...

my fave album so far this year
Fave songs: Kill devil hill, eternal, navigate.....abduction....

Chemical wedding is still my fave bruce album though

Does anybody know where you can get a mp3 or a preview for that matter of the "Eternal" track?

[!--QuoteBegin-RudeZ+Sep 29 2005, 12:20 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(RudeZ @ Sep 29 2005, 12:20 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Does anybody know where you can get a mp3 or a preview for that matter of the "Eternal" track?
[snapback]119591[/snapback]​
[/quote]
What is that "Eternal" track? It isn't on the version of the album I got. [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
My favourite songs off this brilliant album are:
Kill Devil Hill, Devil on a hog, River of no Return and Navigate...
If Robbie Williams or James Blunt were to sing Navigate... , it would get to number 1, no shadow of doubt. I'm surprised Bruce wasn't pushing for more radio play on this song, it has a lot of commercial appeal, probably too long for Radio 1 dance pricks. Its really a great song though. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Tyranny Of Souls is OK. It has got some really great tracks on it (Kill Devil Hill, Navigate The Seas Of The Sun, Power Of The Sun) and some very good ones (Devil On A Hog, Tyranny Of Souls), but the rest is average at best. The production is very patchy and the album lacks the atmosphere and intensity of Accident Of Birth and The Chemical Wedding. A worthwhile listen, but it takes only the fifth spot in my Bruce solo ranking.

[!--QuoteBegin-Conor+Oct 27 2005, 06:20 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Oct 27 2005, 06:20 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]What is that "Eternal" track? It isn't on the version of the album I got. [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[/quote]
It's the bonus track of the Japanese version of the album. It's an average track; as the rest of the album for my liking...
[!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I bought it before a week. It is my first Bruce album and I think it's great. I liked Abduction, Navigate the Seas of the Sun and Power of the Sun

Decent album, but nothing special. I like Abduction, Power of the Sun and Devil On A Hog, but he's done some better stuff.

Black Ace said:
Frankly, I consider it a weak album. Abduction and Navigate the seas of the Sun are the only good tracks on it. The others are just purely produced and not seo well composed either...

I totally agree.

this is bruce's most neglected solo album. he recorded it in only when he found some little free time from Iron Maiden. only a few tracks are memorable. Accident Of Birst was awesome as individual songs, Chemical Wedding was awesome as a whole, but the last piece of the trilogy is much inferior comparing to them.

I've got a producer here in my country who's gonna produce a mixed 'cover' album. I'm gonna do Kill Devil Hill. The album will be called 'Scanner 3'. 1 and 2 has already been released; but no maiden song yet and we dont have songs on those as well.

I considered 'Book of Thel' but backed off when my guitarist and drummer threatened me of committing suicide.

I'll try to put the song on the web once its recorded. But does anyone care? [Artist himself violating copyright :wacko:] 

Black Ace said:

::)

Umm, I can't really see what you meant to say with that smiley. It's my oppinion and if you don't agree with it you should fight it with arguments to back up your position on the subject not an ironic smiley...

That being said, I've listened it some more this past year since it got out, and I don't find it all that bad anymore... I mean, it's not Bruce's finest work, but it's not a bad album per se

Needless to say 'Tyranny of Souls' doesn't keep up with 'Chemical Wedding', yet does anybody here really reckoned that this masterpiece was likely to be able to have been topped?However, I reckon 'Tyranny of Souls' a very strong album, just as good if not better than 'Accident of Birth'.I admit that both 'Believil' and 'Devil on a Hug' belong to the weakest songs Bruce and Roy Z have ever written, all the same the rest is simply out of this world, I mean just listen to 'Navigate the Seas of the Sun' and the divine 'Kill Devil Hill'- both are among the best material ever written in Metal history, aren't they?And the rest is likely to be as good as most of the songs Maiden have ever released.As for the production, tell me please what's the matter with it???It just kills in my view.Needless to say it's far better than 'Dance of Death' isn't it?Of course I wish Adrian Smith had been involved in the album, yet let's finally get round with it that he has not although it is evident that his solos would have improved the songs without a shadow of doubt, yet I'm coming to believe that Roy Z is the better songwriter anyway...

This was my first Dickinson album,  so it is very special for me.  Loved from the first listen I gave it.  Navigate the Seas of the Sun is the album's jewel.  Also,  the beginning of abduction has a lot of similarities with the beginning of Iced Earth's Red Baron/Blue Max,  don't you think?

Hello, I´m new to the board, so there  :)

I really like Tyranny Of Souls. It continues very well the Bruce+Roy Z companionship. Accident Of Birth is very diverse, meaning it has really heavy songs (Freak, Starchildren), Maiden-esque tracks (Road To Hell, The Magician) and ballads. The Chemical Wedding is a concept album (damned great, and one of the best metal albums ever made), and this new one is kind of a tight package and works really well all the way through. In my opinion Bruce´s voice is the best on TOS. It fortunately seems that Bruce gets old just like a delicate wine  :)

Welcome worstcase, nice opening post !
I agree with your analysis, esp. of AOB. It might be the variety indeed, that makes this album so strong for me.

Back