Tournament Of Short Songs: Phase 6, Final 1 - Accident Of Birth vs. Chemical Wedding

Vote for your FAVORITE song:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
You can find the rules and the list of all songs in this thread. I'll also put a link for each new round there and the thread is stickied so that it's easier to find.

vs.

This is the final round of the main part of the game! After it, Top 8 Iron Maiden short songs will face off against this game's Top 8!

Anyway, voting for Chemical Wedding, even though it's kinda ridiculous that Bruce songs make up the finale...

Meh, sometimes I feel the same way about Bruce bias, but in this instance, I feel Chemical is one of the very best songs in the game, and it deserved to beat WTTJ (I think that's what it was against last round)

Probably shouldn't be, but I am very surprised these are the finalists.
Probably not in the top-10 of Bruce's short songs.

Quite an unexpected result... Chemical Wedding is a great song, but best one out of 200?

Anyway, next phase will pit TSS's Top 8:

1. Bruce Dickinson - Chemical Wedding
2. Bruce Dickinson - Accident Of Birth
3. Rush - Limelight
4. UFO - Doctor Doctor
5. Iced Earth - Angels Holocaust
6. Slayer - Raining Blood
7. Guns 'N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
8. Rush - Tom Sawyer

against Iron Maiden's Top 8:

1. Aces High
2. The Trooper
3. The Wicker Man
4. The Evil That Men Do
5. Children Of The Damned
6. Rainmaker
7. The Number Of The Beast
8. Still Life

I'd probably say Chemical or Doctor are the best songs in that 8, but Trooper, Aces and even Evil blow them out of the water.

There are still two more Rush songs. All the Working Men need to get out of your Subdivisions and Take A Friend to the polls. I'm In The Mood for a Rush win; I have Grand Designs, and I'll call in a Necromancer to finish the job if I have to.

I don't care if The Big Money is on Maiden to win. If you're thinking about voting for Maiden, Leave That Thing Alone! Think about What You're Doing. You can Resist that instinct. Use your Freewill to vote for the less predictable choice. Embrace the Rush bias, and then Stick It Out.

There are still two more Rush songs. All the Working Men need to get out of your Subdivisions and Take A Friend to the polls. I'm In The Mood for a Rush win; I have Grand Designs, and I'll call in a Necromancer to finish the job if I have to.

I don't care if The Big Money is on Maiden to win. If you're thinking about voting for Maiden, Leave That Thing Alone! Think about What You're Doing. You can Resist that instinct. Use your Freewill to vote for the less predictable choice. Embrace the Rush bias, and then Stick It Out.
This post brought me to Tears. It was so funny!

Anyway, I would like to say Where's My Thing? Yeah, all of my songs are gone. They never stood a chance in the Limelight. It's sad. Those songs that I picked were Closer To The Heart than any other song. Well...this IS a metal forum, so I guess I've learned some Lessons. I'll do a Marathon of the songs I picked later. At least, The Trooper is still in the game. I Hope it wins. If it doesn't, I'll go and cry in The Garden. And if it wins? I'll have myself One Little Victory.

If I'd had to guess right at the beginning I'd never have predicted this result, but Chemical Wedding is one of my top Bruce songs. So out of the remaining top ten choices, yeah, I'll have that one, ta very much.

Out of interest, what was the top 20 in this game?

Back