Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Satyricon - Black Crow On A Tombstone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
You can find the rules, list of songs and YouTube playlist of all songs in this thread.
I'll also put a link for each new round there and the thread is stickied so that it's easier to find.

Dark Tranquillity - State Of Trust
Eluveitie - A Rose For Epona
Ensiferum - Tale Of Revenge
Hail Of Bullets - Operation Z
Satyricon - Black Crow On A Tombstone

Another difficult round choice-wise, going for State of Trust and Tale of Revenge. I've been listening to a bit of Ensiferum recently, and I've yet to find anything I don't like.

Btw the Satyricon video has been blocked in the UK, I listened to this one:

I hope so, although extreme and power metal rounds always have less votes than other rounds :p

Anyway, all 5 songs turned out to be my picks for the game.

Eluveitie's song might be the most accessible, since female vocals are dominant and growls only appear during the bridge. Dark Tranquillity and Ensiferum's songs are both quite melodic and also feature clean vocals plus quite awesome growls. Satyricon and Hail Of Bullets are a bit less accessible but have quite catchy riffs... no clean vocals though. Anyway, I'm voting the same as Brig :)

Definitely Ensiferum.

Dark Tranquility sounds like radio metal with some growlies and a weak melody. Eluveitie has great music, but the female singer is mediocre, her English pronunciation is pretty bad, and once again the melody is weak. Hail of Bullets is way too thrash/death metal for me. Satyricon is too death metal and also seems really forced and lame (that may be the fault of the video, though).

That's funny, because radio-friendly metal is what went through my mind with Eluveitie, apart from the folky bits and brief growlies. All warm and sunny.

I know what you mean about Satyrican sounding forced. It's sort of neat and regular, especially the vocals, reminds me of nu metal. That said, I've given that one a few listens now. Also the singer reminds me of a younger Kyle MacLachlan

I didn't like Eluveitie because the melody was poppy, I agree. But it was also bad poppy, not even very catchy or well-structured. The folksy bits are really lovely, though.

And THAT's who I was trying to think of when I saw him! Thanks!

So if the results stay like this, Ensiferum's song will top the draw :D Place in the draw is determined by the percentage of votes that the winning song got, and not one song got 100%.

Back