Tournament Of Short Iron Maiden Songs: Phase 8

Vote for your FAVORITE song in each match:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
You can find the rules and the list of all songs in this thread. I'll also put a link for each new round there and the thread is stickied so that it's easier to find.

There were many non-Maiden songs in this game that I preferred over these Maiden songs. Can't help it that you people didn't agree and eliminated them. ::)

Aces, Children, Evil, Trooper

Satisfied with how this is going... even though I didn't vote for Aces in the first pair, I'm fine with it winning, because it's a small difference in quality... which isn't the case in other pairs.

There's a BIG difference between Aces and Wicker...Aces does the opening a lot better. Not to say Wicker Man does poorly, it does a stellar job, but Aces really nails the fast-paced, spirit-awakening opening and helps carry the momentum forward for the rest of the album to pick up off of. BNW for me really starts to get going from Ghost onwards, with Wicker Man being a solid appetizer.

Aces is really solid, top class Maiden, but I kind of forget it's there. Wicker Man, on the other hand, is one of the first songs I heard of the reunion era, if not the first, and it made a big impression. (I first heard it about ten years after it was made, too.) Terrific opener, both for an album, and live. Wicker Man at Rock in Rio is easily one of my favourite moments in live music.

:) Just as they planned, then. A big arse-kicking comeback type song, and a great one to win over new fans.

Back