Tournament of Instrumentals (r1): 65 vs 66 + 67 vs 68

Vote for your FAVOURITE instrumental track: 1 vote per battle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Even though we've got lots to go still, I already want to say: Thanks for playing everybody! I am quite happy that so many of you have been taking part!

However, in this topic (which is admittedly only 2 days old) I noticed that the involvement is about 50% of what I have seen in the last couple of rounds. I will wait a few more extra days with opening the next to make it easier for the 'hardcore' players who've been voting very steadily, but who haven't voted in this one yet, to catch up.

@The Flash
@mckindog
@CriedWhenBrucieLeft
@Brigantium
@MrKnickerbocker
@Stardust
@Saapanael

To the less frequent players (and all others) I say: Hope to see you soon (again)!

@Cornfed Hick
@Mosh
@Ariana
@RTC
@Crimson Idol
@SixesAlltheway
@Eric Wright
@harrisdevot

Last edited:
I don't really know if I like one of these four. They are not bad, but they all seem to lacking in something but I don't know what. So, I think I'll skip this round.

Sorry Foro, I've found it hard to find time to sit down and listen to everything with full attention and give a fair judgement. Wouldn't want to vote without doing so. Hopefully I can participate more since school has ended though!

Gotta admit, the one dimensional trend of this game has made me lose interest a little.

65 & 67

Beck's Bolero: 1968, & sounding it. Melody a little repetitive & o/w not that interesting. Just okay.
Archon: Plenty of guitar here, but nothing outstanding. And... it cuts half way through a note?! (Again) Why is this here, Foro? o_O
Vote goes with The Jeff Beck Group (#65).
Black Market: Groovy start; & funky interludes throughout which I'm liking. Jazzy. Decent piece of music.
Satch: Fuck, this is cheesy. And wanky. I have a basic dislike of Satch; but I'm going to need to vote for this, aren't I? :D
Vote goes with Summer Song (#68).

Yes, that's what I meant. Hmmm, it makes it a little awkward (for me) in this game format i.e. having a song/track which so closely belongs with another & the other not been included; and being asked to judge/comment on only the first. I submitted all four parts of Buckethead's Lurker because they're basically one song (to me); although they're divided into tracks on the CD. In fact, it's the primary reason I didn't submit any other Buckethead tracks for suggestion (beyond being too late for them to be included in the game); many of his tracks run together & many don't really sit as independent tracks/songs. It's kind of what defines his music; a lack of conventional format/structure. Lurker is one of his more conventionally structured songs which, in reality, isn't really that representative of his writing/music.

Black Market: Groovy start; & funky interludes throughout which I'm liking. Jazzy. Decent piece of music.
Satch: Fuck, this is cheesy. And wanky. I have a basic dislike of Satch; but I'm going to need to vote for this, aren't I? :D
Vote goes with Summer Song (#68).

What the hell? :confused:

Yes, that's what I meant. Hmmm, it makes it a little awkward (for me) in this game format i.e. having a song/track which so closely belongs with another & the other not been included;

The 2nd song is not an instrumenal so of course can't be included in this game. Also think of the transition as kinda like what Priest does from time to time. The songs aren't really joined together but 1 song does lead into the next.

Sorry Foro, I've found it hard to find time to sit down and listen to everything with full attention and give a fair judgement. Wouldn't want to vote without doing so. Hopefully I can participate more since school has ended though!
Same here. I'll try to vote from now on.

You praised Black Market, dissed Summer Song then voted for Summer Song. Nice "analysis".
I liked bits of Black Market ("that I'm liking") and thought it was "decent" (did I say anything else?); other than that, it's not really what I'd normally listen to & it's totally forgettable. Summer Song, on the other hand, is cheesy as fuck, and wanky; but is arguably a better & more memorable piece of music. My guess is that you took "cheesy" & "wanky" ("dissed") as a massive put down. It wasn't intended to be. You can be cheesy & wanky (with guitar playing in particular) and good. And although I'm not a massive Satriani fan (for loads of reasons), Summer Song is the better of the two songs, in my opinion; with the obvious qualification that I've only listened to Black Market twice (ever) & having listened to Summer Song many times before. Hence my vote.

Last edited:
Flash, my first post doesn't (I think quite clearly) have much, if any, "analysis; it's just comment.
Gotta admit, the one dimensional trend of this game has made me lose interest a little.
Out of curiosity, what's becoming unappealing? Too many tracks? Not enough variety? The (perhaps) predictable pattern of voting?

with the obvious qualification that I've only listened to Black Market twice (ever) & having listened to Summer Song many times before. Hence my vote.
*scratches back of head* Hang on. You listened more often to a song, thus it is your favourite? Is that all the reasoning there is behind your vote?

If yes, that would rule out discovering new music which in theory could be more appealing than a song you've heard before. Like this, can you listen to the songs with your volume on zero since for you it's only about quantity of listening, not about anything else?

Last edited:
Back