SixesAlltheway

Ancient Mariner
hqdefault.jpg

Out of curiosity, your favourite three songs from "The Black Album"??​

The unforgiven - its still a massive song, I think. Solo is top notch
Wherever I may roam - love the intro and main riff
Through the never - underrated, heavy, fast

Through the never - underrated, heavy, fast

Hell yes. I had to vote for this too, it's always been one of my favourites. it ain't exactly thrash like you know they're capable of BUT it's still one of the more energetic songs on the album. A great riff, breaks used for maximum effect...Very memorable vocal melodies.

Too quick to criticize
Obligation to survive
We hunger to be alive yeah
All that is, ever, ever was
Will be ever
Twisting, Turning
Through the never!​

Enter Sandman
Nothing Else Matters
Of Wolf And Man

“The Unforgiven” has a lot of good stuff in it, but it repeats too much and wears out its welcome. Same with “Wherever I May Roam”. I never really liked “Sad But True”. The other songs all have notable weaknesses.

Don’t want to be a hater, but I honestly couldn’t pick three. I like Enter Sandman a lot, Sad But True is pretty good, but after that? Idk maybe The Struggle Within? Really not a Black Album fan.

Also, not really a Black album fan so I went with two clichés - Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters because of nostalgic reasons (one of the first commercial metal track I heard). Also: these two sound awesome live.
Third one is Wherever I May Roam, really like the intro and eastern-ish feel of the song.

The Unforgiven
Wherever I May Roam
and yes it's overplayed, and the lyrics may have the worst subject matter in all of metal, but Enter Sandman

Don’t want to be a hater, but I honestly couldn’t pick three. I like Enter Sandman a lot, Sad But True is pretty good, but after that? Idk maybe The Struggle Within? Really not a Black Album fan.

I don't like those two at all, but Roam and Unforgiven. I had to think a lot for the third.
I went with Misery because of Jason and that nice melody he made. God that Failed is probably better.

That's about it though. This album is overrated and shit full of filler.

Enter Sandman
The Unforgiven
Nothing Else Matters

Close to top 3: Wherever I May Roam and Sad But True. | *Don't Tread On Me is a good song too imo.

Back