ToolVivor Results

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had to go with Jambi, Right in Two, and Invincible. All three are good songs with various high points, but they fail to capture the magic of the remaining choices.

I was tempted to use my fourth vote for Schism because I find it to be overrated, but it’s still a damn good song. So three votes it shall be.

Jambi
Right in Two
Pneuma
Invincible

How in the hell do we already have three votes for 7empest?! I don't get it. I love Descending and the title track, but 7empest is literally the only song on the entire album with any life to it.

I do not think I am destined to get along with most Tool fans.
You know what, maybe it's because it's at the end of such an album (I judged WTWWB for similar reasons), but I don't see myself listening to any FI album out of this context so I let it slide. I'm more baffled how all of you think The Patient is worse than any FI song besides CV...

Correct, any Tool fan would be greatly disappointed in your votes of Jambi.

Based on a lot of reactions I’ve seen from their most recent tour, a lot of Tool fans are incredibly sick of Jambi (and 10,000 Days songs in general).

You know what, maybe it's because it's at the end of such an album (I judged WTWWB for similar reasons), but I don't see myself listening to any FI album out of this context so I let it slide.

Sure, sure, but have you listened to the song on its own outside of the context of the album? Most Tool songs actually get better when taken out of sequence because their sequences are so damn stupidly bloated with trash.

Based on a lot of reactions I’ve seen from their most recent tour, a lot of Tool fans are incredibly sick of Jambi (and 10,000 Days songs in general).
I got that impression when the played Vicarious the last time I saw them. Jambi was one of the bigger highlights of the night. They are playing The Pot quite a bit recently, most fans seem to welcome this addition.

I got that impression when the played Vicarious the last time I saw them. Jambi was one of the bigger highlights of the night. They are playing The Pot quite a bit recently, most fans seem to welcome this addition.

No doubt part of that reaction is due to Maynard simply not singing the harder final verse in Vicarious. Why even play it? Jambi felt a little meh when I saw them and I love The Pot so much that it was definitely the highlight.

No doubt part of that reaction is due to Maynard simply not singing the harder final verse in Vicarious. Why even play it? Jambi felt a little meh when I saw them and I love The Pot so much that it was definitely the highlight.
I'm definitely down to see The Pot (which I haven't seen) and Jambi live. I would be a little disappointed if they played Vicarious in January. I think I was disappointed anyways when I saw Vicarious. On that tour I saw they were alternating Vicarious and Eulogy. I really wanted to see Eulogy.

Sure, sure, but have you listened to the song on its own outside of the context of the album? Most Tool songs actually get better when taken out of sequence because their sequences are so damn stupidly bloated with trash.
I got that sentiment as well tbh, especially with AEnima and its 50 interludes... I'll being to listen to the songs on shuffle, maybe that will enhance my perspective..
Forgot to add that it's a bit of a misfortune, how the albums can be less enjoyable as albums, because Tool clearly cared for the way they are built, evident at least in all the interludes, and I've seen some theorize on conceptual and thematic structure as well.

Last edited:
I'll hold off voting right now, I'll see if I can bring myself to listen to the FI songs again and see how well they stack up this time. My guess is they won't do well.

I am also very disappointed that there are so many votes for Jambi. Fantastic song.

They are playing The Pot quite a bit recently, most fans seem to welcome this addition.

I had a bit of a rediscovery of The Pot recently. I always did rate it highly, but I'd forgotten just how bloody awesome it actually is. Happy to see nobody has voted for it yet.

Done. Fear Inoculum sounded a little better this time around, now I'm getting a better feel of the songs I'm appreciating them more for what they are, rather than what I expected them to be. Though, saying that, I did still vote mostly for songs off FI, plus Right In Two, which somehow slipped by me last round.

Eliminated:
Jambi
Right in Two
7empest

Time for the finals. All promoted songs rejoin the game.

Back