To all maiden fans.

A

Anonymous

Look, all you maiden fans. I know you are all bored of me going on about it, but the only reason I am doing it is because I think it's the truth.
I think you have to stop looking at them through rose tinted spectacles. The simple fact that my messages have been cencored says something about it all. I have played drums for years and I have spent many of those years learning to play Maiden tracks, at one point I was in a Maiden tribute band. I know what I'm talking about. Look, I'm a drummer, and even I can tell when it's Dave, H or Janick, so believe me, I know it is not Nicko on Virtual Eleven. All you have to do is ask a drummer. What I don't understand is why it is so hard for you guys to even contemplate this, there are loads of reasons why he may not have been able to play on the record. I have heard some rumours, but if I put them on this site, it will get cencored, this probably will anyway. I think it is Steve Harris drumming. It's well know that he plays the drums, because he plays drums when he demos new songs, I read that in a interview with him.
Anyway, I sure Maverick is waiting to erase my message, after all, we don't want to upset anyone, do we.

Look "c.unt" its not that we find it so hard to believe that we are censoring your messages its that youre going about making your point in the wrong way. Registering with a dozen fake nicks to support your own theory is bad enough but registering with obscene nicknames is even worse. We have warned you about this and I am quite frankly sick of warning you. One more topic like this and you and all your fake nicks will be banned.
If you had started ONE topic using ONE nickname maybe everyone here could discuss the idea but quite frankly youre boring me now.
And a note to all other mopderators - do not delete or move this thread unless I say otherwise. Thankyou
Real World
Co-Owner

Ok, fair comment about the rude names and everything, that's just my warped sense of humour, but come on, what about what I'm saying? Don't just tell me off, Tell my why he did not play one tom tom on the whole album!!!!

Why would they say he played on the album if he didnt? Why would Steve Harris play drums when Nicko is perfectly capable and willing?

Maybe he wasn't willing or able. I don't know the reason, but please just listen to it. Nicko was always playing fills after every couple of bars, there are none on this album. Look, most drummers could do those "Nickoesque" ride cymbal patterns, but if you asked any Nicko fan what was so good about him, they would probably say it was those bass drum triplets and massive fills on his eight tom toms ( I think that's how many he had, I sure someone will point it out if I'm wrong). Anyway, there is none of that on virtual eleven. Now, I've not heard the new album yet, but the friend of mine who pointed this whole thing out to me says it sound like classic Nicko, a real "return to form". As I said, although I do have an idea why he may not have played on the album, I think you would cencor it if I said, but it is not him on Virtual Eleven. LISTEN TO IT. You must be slightly curious?

Nicko didn't play on the album? So why did he learn the songs for the tour just like they are on the album, if you say he could do so much better?! Or was it Steve drumming and Nicko with a mask playing bass on the Virtual XI tour - we all know Nicko can play bass now, don't we? [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

And maybe dave was wearing bruce's mask and singing.
[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Paschendale_CRO+Sep 21 2003, 07:02 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Paschendale_CRO @ Sep 21 2003, 07:02 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] And maybe dave was wearing bruce's mask and singing.
[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
LMFAO!!!

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Sep 21 2003, 06:32 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Sep 21 2003, 06:32 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Nicko didn't play on the album? So why did he learn the songs for the tour just like they are on the album, if you say he could do so much better?! Or was it Steve drumming and Nicko with a mask playing bass on the Virtual XI tour - we all know Nicko can play bass now, don't we?  [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
I saw them on that tour (waste of money though it was) and Nicko was playing how he normally does, I find it amazing that all you fans don't believe it.

[!--QuoteBegin-Real World+Sep 21 2003, 05:58 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Sep 21 2003, 05:58 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] And a note to all other mopderators - do not delete or move this thread unless I say otherwise. Thankyou
Real World
Co-Owner [/quote]
Can I close it?

Okay...perhaps someone could define drum fill for me?

And yes, we are bored of this now.

How come I'm not surprised to find another of those threads... [!--emo&:rolleyes2:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes[2].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes[2].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-MaidenSweden+Sep 22 2003, 02:23 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(MaidenSweden @ Sep 22 2003, 02:23 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Sep 22 2003, 01:48 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Sep 22 2003, 01:48 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Okay...perhaps someone could define drum fill for me?

[/quote]
And I forgot this in my last post: What the hell is a drum fill? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I don't know what it is and I don't care either! [/quote]
This is why you didn't notice, because you don't know what you are talking about.

Ok, I really think this is complete nonsense! I have no skills or knowledge in drumming, my skills and knowledge are in Maiden history instead.

Arguments for Nicko not playing on Virtual XI:

- No drum fills
- No tom-toms

Arguments for Nicko playing on Virtual XI:

- He played the songs on the tour exactly as on the album. Or maybe there was Steve playing both bass and drums at the same time
- There's not mentioned anywhere - not in any biography, article or Internet page -
that Nicko was neither injured nor unwilling to play
- If Nicko not played, who did it? Steve can't play 2 instruments at the same time

Fact is VXI was a very different Maiden album. It was meant to be a more "european" album because X Factor didnt do well commercially. Nobody in Maiden was playing the way they normally do on that album

Exactly! Virtual XI has a very different feel. And I think no drum fills and no tom-toms sounds a bit silly... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back