title care & more

hello. I have some questions to make, not very usefull -it's true,
but it's some time now that I'm wondering about.

-how can someone have a custom title ? has any relation with the post counter ?
-how is possinle to post as a guest ? (exept forum help)
there are some examples of lately posts by guests

Go to http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?action=profile. That should be your profile page. On the left side, click on "Forum Profile Information". That will bring up a form which lets you change your title and signature.

I haven't seen any recent posts by guests outside of the help forum. You may be looking at old posts which pre-date our switch to the SMF forum software. Many old (inactive) members were removed from the database at that time. Their posts remain in the threads, but it now looks like they were guests. However, at the time they posted, they were active members.

I hope this answers your questions.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Go to http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?action=profile. That should be your profile page. On the left side, click on "Forum Profile Information". That will bring up a form which lets you change your title and signature.

I was speaking for my custom title, not personal message /signature
take you for example your custom title is High Priest of H
you see what I mean ?

SinisterMinisterX said:
I haven't seen any recent posts by guests outside of the help forum. You may be looking at old posts which pre-date our switch to the SMF forum software. Many old (inactive) members were removed from the database at that time. Their posts remain in the threads, but it now looks like they were guests. However, at the time they posted, they were active members.

I hope this answers your questions.

if you go to the 4th page of maiden chat, you'll find a topic named "set-list trivium?"
the topic is created by someone named tp_asmith who is guest
the topic is created 27th October, two months after the modifications (it was 25 August I think, when  guests they couldn't post anymore)

number. not a free man said:
you see what I mean ?
On the old invision forum (prior to the migration to the current simple machines forum) there was indeed an option to change the custom title. This seems to be not available anymore.

if you go to the 4th page of maiden chat, you'll find a topic named "set-list trivium?"
the topic is created by someone named tp_asmith who is guest
the topic is created 27th October, two months after the modifications (it was 25 August I think, when  guests they couldn't post anymore)
In this instance, the user has removed themselves (or a mod has done it), thus no longer is a member and shows as a guest. Pretty much what SMX said, but it still happens even after the switch.

you see what I mean ?

Yes, I see - and my instructions were correct. There is a "custom title" field on your Forum Profile Information page. At least, there's one on mine.

Real World said:
Only members with over 50 posts can change their member title
Then how come I can't?

I thought it was something that had not got migrated over from the old forum and really not thought much else about it, possibly why I've not bothered about it. But as we are supposed to be able to.... :huh:

Back