The Wicker Man (Alternative version video)

The video is good, but I really don't like the background "time will come".  Though I had trouble identifying the three amigos and 'Arry at times, due to the poor video quality.  But I think it's a good video, the band are all really energetic, maybe because of their young age (in their forties  :p ). 

I've just never understood, what's up with the giant ball that Bruce swings around?  :uhm:

The only "alternate" thing I noticed was the audio, which was odd, not bad, just odd.

Invader said:
I've just never understood, what's up with the giant ball that Bruce swings around?  :uhm:

You read my mind. This is a video that would be right at home in the 80's, no surprise given the band. Makes no sense, random scantaly clad amazon women, random white exploding balls... WTF? But the song rocks so nobody cares lol

DREAMASTER said:
Have you never seen the movie "The Wicker Man" ?!
It's a great film, but what does it have to do with huge white balls? The song doesn't really have anything to do with the movie, apart from the actual 'Wicker Man' in the video.

DREAMASTER said:

I'm sorry, at no point in that awesome movie do I recall seeing giant white balls being thrown around.  I saw Britt Ekland in her birthday suit, and Edward Woodward yelling 'Please! Think of what you're doing', but no giant white balls. :huh:

OK, my first thought on these huge white balls was some homage to the TV series The Prisoner (of which the track of the same name was based on), but I could be so wrong here. After all, what has it to do with The Wicker Man other than both stories relate to some weird community, somewhere.

since I cannot check for my self, can somebody tell me if the video differs from the EU version one only in it's audio or is it different as a videoclip alltogether?

gor said:
since I cannot check for my self, can somebody tell me if the video differs from the EU version one only in it's audio or is it different as a videoclip alltogether?

Same video, as far as I can tell.  The only change in the radio edit is the lack of chorus fills and the addition of backing lines in the chorus, anyway, right?

DREAMASTER said:

Yes I have. No white balls, and no Amazon women or random explosions, just a stuck up christian getting burnt by pagans :D

Back