The (very) Unofficial 2006 Maidenfans.com Awards

A

Anonymous

Who or what has got your attention over the las twelve months? The categories are as follows:

1: Biggest N00b - Who has consistently posted the most shite

2: Best Avatar - Speaks for itself

3: Favourite Maverick Moment - Most of us have at one time or another been on the end of a Maverick mauling but which one was the most endearing

4: Best Adrian Smith statement

5: Best non music topic

6: Favourtite member

7: Lifetime Achievement Award

My votes would be as such:

1: Vote myself, before someone else does

2: Pineapple Hunter's original Pineapple avatar - it did what it said on the tin

3: I had the audacity to suggest a poll asking for your favourite album for solo's. Maverick's sarcasm in his reply went to all new heights. "What next", was the suggestion, "best silences inbetween songs?"

4: Adrian Smith is larger than you

5: Chuck Norris statements

6: Perun - consistently produces intelligent and articulate arguments

7: The Saint - for the numerous snippets of valuable info

Feel free to join in

1. At the moment, not a lot of people I can remember are spouting shit, which is nice.

2. Hunlord's quagmire avatar.

3. Er.. can't think of anything specific because of the amount of times Mav has done things like that are almost infinite.

4. "Adrian Smith is an award-winning tuba soloist." (Post #10 SMX in Adrian Smith Statements on the Madness forum)

5. "Let's Try and get 2700 Replies", an old classic

6. Still Life (before he stopped posting)

7. The whole mod squad - For supplying endless amounts of discussion

1. "Slave to the Power of Death"
2. Hunlord's Quagmire - very distinguishable and clever.
3. The best Maverick moment would have to be when National Acrobat mentioned him in a joke but substituted his name. That was hilarious.
4. I don't care much for them [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"-_-\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sleep.gif\" /]
5. One of Syl's "Women in the World" threads... the employment one.
6. Perun... intelligent posting and humour. A genius [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
7. Black Dragon. Just for his tr00ness.

8. Best newcomer - Silky. This is different than "Biggest n00b" as it is an honour to have this achievement [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

1. wrathchild-666 for his "Does Steve Harris shop at Tesco or Asda" thread [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"-_-\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sleep.gif\" /]
2. Fuzzboy's necr0 kvlt avatar, I've seen it before but its always great
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]3. The best Maverick moment would have to be when National Acrobat mentioned him in a joke but substituted his name. That was hilarious.[/quote]
Agreed
4."Adrian Smith's favorite vegetable is Terry Schaivo. (that was wrong, god i apologize)" (Guest)
5. Yes/no Thinking Game
6. Black Dragon- grim, kvlt, necr0 and frostbitten what more do you want? :: (<----Black Dragon)
7. Maverick for all his Maverickisms
8. Well I'm new to posting here but the most intelligent person I've seen since I've come on would be Albie

Ohh and cheers about my avatar [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=133975:date=Apr 4 2006, 12:06 PM:name=Hunlord)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Hunlord @ Apr 4 2006, 12:06 PM) [snapback]133975[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
4."Adrian Smith's favorite vegetable is Terry Schaivo. (that was wrong, god i apologize)" (Guest)
[/quote]

That was actually me before i registered.

Biggest n00b: wrathchild-666

Mav-moment: cant pick one

H statement: Adrian smith doesnt get drunk, drunk gets Adrian smith(made that one up)

Topic: Let's Try and get 2700 Replies

favorite member: Black dragon (for his tr00-ness)

Acheivement award: Perun for becoming a mod

Best newcomer: Has to be Silky

1. DOD=WEAK
2. Dogigniter's pope with guitar
3. Can't pick, really.
4. Adrian Smith is not hung like a horse, the horse is hung like Adrian Smith.
5. Chuck Norris statements
6. IronDuke, for being the smart bloke he is.
7. Freaky, for putting together an awesome tribute bass!

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]1. "Slave to the Power of Death"[/quote]
I resent that.

1. Conor [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /] Just kiddin. Wrathchild-666
2. I would say Fuzzboy's.
3. There are so many.
4. There are so many.
5. Let's Try and get 2700 Replies To This Post.
6. National Acrobat. I like his Lame Jokes.
7. This is a tough one. I would have to say Perun.

1. Child Of The Grave/N00b To The Power Of Death
2. Fuzzboy's unholy avatar of necro blasphemy, obviously. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"-_-\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sleep.gif\" /]
3. When Mav reduced Child Of The Grave's post count.
4. "Adrian Smith killed Hitler and then claimed that Hitler killed himself."
5. "Religion Yet Again"
6. Hunlord, for being a warrior of the true metal. Hail to thee.
7. Perun, for providing consistently excellent posts and showing me that not everybody who posts in a forum is a moron.

Here is my changed list.

1. Bizza.

2. EDIT: Just seen Silky's avatar, THE BLACK KNIGHT! Love it.

3. When I was asked to give a reason for disliking Black Metal, I said "I'm just not kvlt enough", to which Maverick replied "But mabye kvnt enough [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]."

4. "Adrian's Wall"(plus image) by Perun.

5. "Let's get 100,000 replies".

6. Black Dragon for being kvlt, frostbitten etc.

7. Perun for becoming a Moderator.

1: Biggest N00b - Haven't seen much overt evidence of n00bness, but DoD=Weak was pretty bad, just for that name.

2: Best Avatar - Dogigniter-His Holy Father with a guitar!

3: There's been so many. But the National Acrobat joke thread one (where he had his name substituted into his joke by Mav) is one of the best.

4: 'Adrian Smith gave mankind fire and blamed it on Prometheus, gave them knowledge and blamed it on Lucifer, and gave them stupidity and blamed it on the IMBB'

5: 'Let's Try And Get 100,000 Replies To This Post'

6: Black Dragon: >:[ (For his never-ending stream of kvlt youtube videos and hilarious replies)

7: Perun becoming mod-now he can edit n00b's posts as well as torment them conventionally [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

8: Best newcomer - I'm a newcomer myself, but Albie is one of the most active and intelligent of us.

[!--quoteo(post=135051:date=Apr 17 2006, 08:57 PM:name=Silky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Apr 17 2006, 08:57 PM) [snapback]135051[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
3: There's been so many. But the National Acrobat joke thread one (where he had his name substituted into his joke by Mav) is one of the best.
[/quote]
That reminds me of the time that I changed my avatar, signature and member title to be exactly like Maverick's. Then I went and flamed somebody for being a n00b. It was damned hilarious but I'm sure only a couple of you got to see it because Mav threatened me with expulsion within about two minutes [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

thegodthatish said:
7: The Saint - for the numerous snippets of valuable info

Since I've been almost off this board for a few months, I just read about this. Thank you very much for this nod, Sir. Deeply appreciated !

Cheers

Back