The Sword

Cornfed Hick

Ancient Mariner
I saw a very positive review of a new album, the Warp Riders, by a band called The Sword.  Anyone know anything about this band or album?  I believe they are from Austin, TX, and their songs are based on fantasy and sci-fi themes (very retro).  Thinking about picking up the album, which apparently is their third.  Sounds interesting based on the 30 second samples on Amazon.  Any thoughts are encouraged.   

I love this band, the song Freya from Guitar Hero got me into them, then I saw them live with Clutch and they f'kin rock. Warp Rides has not left my CD player since it came out, stoner heavy riff rock to the max.

Wow, they're pretty good!
They are pretty much Sbbath of the 00's, but I don't really mind as long as they aren't completely ripping Sabbath off.

What album should I get? I think they're latest might be the one to go with, judging from youtube videos.

Mega said:
They are pretty much Sabbath of the 00's
That's a bit generous.  They're an entertaining band though. 

Mega said:
What album should I get? I think they're latest might be the one to go with, judging from youtube videos.

I have Warp Riders.  It's solid. 

^I didn't mean it like that, more like, if Sabbath were born in the 90's, they would sound like this now. Not saying they are as good or as influential or something like that.

Back