The Rock In Rio commentary has arrived

A

Anonymous

Check out the [a href=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?url=album12b_rio&lang=eng&link=albums\' target=\'_blank\']Rock In Rio Commentary[/a]. I just posted it and I'm now expecting some flames from angry Dickinson fans! [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well, nevermind, hey? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I agree on the Bruce being rude thing. On the Dynamo bootleg he even screams stuff like: 'Let me hear you motherfuckers..' That's pretty stupid.

Anyway, good review!

Yup, Bruce has turned into a fair ol' dickhead.
P'raps, as the maiden frontman he should be trying to be an influence on pathetic nu-metal bands that feel they have to say fuck every other word (in their songs and inbetween) rather than allowing them to influence him. As always, I blame Slapnut [!--emo&:puke:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/pukeface.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'pukeface.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .
And anyhow, im what youd consider a younger fan, and i was real pissed at the lack of Powerslave and POM material. You high nosed old fart, mav [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

BTW nice forum... love the smiley things [!--emo&:hammerhead:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smashfreakB[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smashfreakB[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

His rant at the NEC in Brummy was actually quite funny, and wasn't like the \"Metal is back\" crap and it actually had a point. Basically it was about a journalist who was really friendly with them and hung around with them getting free food and stuff, and then went and wrote about how evil and stupid Maiden are, and how they're greedy idiots who should quit music.

If I was in that situation, I'd be angry too. But the Britney Spears one was just another rant about metal is back...

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Feb 2 2003, 03:50 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 2 2003, 03:50 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I just posted it and I'm now expecting some flames from angry Dickinson fans!  [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well, nevermind, hey?  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
well at least you know people are actually reading it eh? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
I agree with everything you say I heard the bootleg of this show and I wasnt the least bit surprised the Britney fucking Spears rant was cut out

\"They decided to record their very last concert of the tour, played in Rio de Janeiro on 19th January 2001 in front of some 250,000 frenzied fans...\"

Just for the record, in fact it wasn't 250.000, it was 150.000, 'cause the promoters of the festival were scared enough(?!) with metal fans attitude, so they've prefered to have less people in the metal night of Rock in Rio.

Well, that's good to know! All the reports I've read stated \"a quarter of a million people\"... [!--emo&:eek:mg:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/eek2.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'eek2.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Ah well, I'll correct it ASAP. Thanks Shaman! [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yeah I know that, all over the world the reports was \"a quarter of a million people\" but it's not. When Janick and Adrian came to Brazil for promotion, in the press conference they said 250.000, then the journalists corrected them and tell them the truth about the promoters of RIR. Janick was like \"What? Really?\" and everybody \"Yes, sad but true\".

The place where RIR took place has the 250.000 capacity, the Red Hot Chili Pepers had that number of people in their show, but in the metal night the promoters were afraid 'cause the \"violence of the fans\" - bullshit - I was there and everything was fine, no big fights, no fire going on, just pure metal celebration.

well attitude or not its better to be safe and have nobody get hurt than have the festival tarnished the same way donnington was

I was told that in RIR Bruce says \"Fuck Britney Spears\". Is that true??? And if it's true can we hear that on the CD???

Yes, but they cut it off the CD and DVD. It's on the original TV broadcast though [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back