Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bleak

• The Moor

• Total voters

Detective Beauregard

Independent as a hog on ice
Voting in this survivor has me realizing that I don't care for the Opeth ballads all that much. Hope Leaves, Burden, Harvest, etc all seem to be fan favorites which are definitely cool songs but I probably wouldn't put on an Opeth top ten. I want the riffs!
Agreed! I love Hope Leaves (and all of Damnation), but otherwise their ballads are usually not my cup of tea.

I also don't really get the hype around Faith in Others. It's a cool song but again, at least 3 or 4 other tracks off that album alone are preferable to me.
That's probably my favorite from that album due to its emotive nature, with the first three tracks being my next picks. But that album in general is strong, and easily the best nu-Opeth album.

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
tBF6Jyp.jpg

Eliminated after Round 22:
Faith In Others - 4 votes
The Baying Of The Hounds - 4 votes

@Mosh, @Detective Beauregard, @JudasMyGuide, @MrKnickerbocker, @The Dissident, @Shmoolikipod, @Mega

2nd group of previously promoted songs rejoins the game.

JudasMyGuide

The resident reactionary
Oh, I thought I voted already.

Demon, because it's a one-note song and I don't like Opeth for that
Serenity, because it's the only Still Life song I still can't get into, especially when you get the much superior Godhead's Lament just few track prior
Heir Apparent, because that's probably the only song off Watershed I never listened to outside of the context of the album.

Detective Beauregard

Independent as a hog on ice
Demon, because it's a one-note song and I don't like Opeth for that (1)
Serenity, because it's the only Still Life song I still can't get into, especially when you get the much superior Godhead's Lament just few track prior (2)
Heir Apparent, because that's probably the only song off Watershed I never listened to outside of the context of the album (3)
1. Can you elaborate? The song is relatively dynamic and has multiple tonal shifts.
2. That's one of my favorites from Still Life, along with Godhead and Moonlapse. Poor Moonlapse, Mikael will forever hate thee. Serenity is such an evil, sinister song... and that chorus...
3. Heir Apparent is my favorite track from Watershed. It's also one of the few Opeth songs with no clean vocals. Those verses in the beginning are so powerful and doomy...