The Mavi Marmara incident.

Mega

Ancient Mariner
http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=177040

This is an outrage. We did well beyond what was required of us untill we opened fire, they almost lynched us. This could've ended alot worse.

Some countries still think they were peace activists. Sure, every peace activists boat has hundreds of cold weapons on it.
Now the entire world is against us. I'm sure you've heard, so let's hear you thoughts.

BTW, the official numbers are 9 killed, 44 injured on their side. Don't know how many injured on our side.

I'm against your country regarding these kind of affairs, but i'm also against countries that are against your country.
In a nutshell, i think you're all a bunch of lunatics. Something like my beloved Balkan on a bigger scale  :D

Mega said:
Some countries still think they were peace activists. Sure, every peace activists boat has hundreds of cold weapons on it.
Now the entire world is against us. I'm sure you've heard, so let's hear you thoughts.
Yeah... I've seen the info, names and pics on the Swedish people attending....

Terrorists if I ever saw one. I mean, an author, a historian, a theologian, a doctor, a professor, an artist, yet another doctor and a parliamentarian. Oh, yet another well known author was supposed to be on board but his wedding got in the way.

Those people obviously carried AK-47's.

They had hundreds of KNIVES and METAL RODS, and they attacked the soldiers all at once as soon as they were on board.
Did you even watch the video? You don't need alot more then that to be convinced.

Mega said:
Now the entire world is against us.

Hell yeah, everytime something like this happens, more eyes in the world go open.
I doubt if there's a country left in the world who supports the actions of your military.

Prepare for a third intifada, your government is doing its best to start it.

Sorry to dissatisfy you, man. But I dislike the actions by your government (and military) immensely.
That's what this topic is about, and for the rest I have no problem with you, nor your contributions on this forum.

*SIGH*

Listen, you do know that we don't opress the Palestinian because we feel like it right? It's because they keep attacking us. We are the only democracy in the middle east, and still we get criticized even though our government needs to function in unbearable conditions.
Don't get me wrong, I don't really like the government myself, but I think that under the circumstances we are doing the best we can. I myself am inlisting in 6 months

Also, I'm sorry for what I said. I overreacted. This matters are very close to me, as you can see. I myself am enlisting in 6 months, and I think that the soldiers did unbelievably well. Any other army would've justifiably opend fire alot sooner.

Now the entire world is against us.

I don't think so. You are living in a country that has atom bombs and constantly denies it, yet no-one seems to care, because other powers are not pressing. When somebody kidnapped (debatable) two of your soldiers, you started shelling civilians.

And, it's highly debatable if you even belong on that particular piece of land.
25 million slavs died in WW2. We got shit. You got country. I don't like countries borders and nations and stuffs, therefore i don't personally care, these are just facts.

OK.

STOP.

First of all, Mega is from Israel, and he will have a unique say on this. He has the right to have an opinion, and he has the right to have his opinion respected (in that he deserves to have it, and you will listen and not ridicule him without facts)

(PS, thanks Zare, I think you have been very level headed).

Secondly, Mega, you asked for opinions, and you are going to receive them. You have to give them the same benefit of the doubt too. If you want to prove a point, prove it with facts, not with appeals to emotion.

And 5? I really don't like what you just said.

Will-I-Am said:
It's not a question of how many killed. How many of those who run the world's economy were /are Slavs ? That's all what is about.

I am afraid that this sort of comment is not welcome on this forum.

Mega said:
Also, I'm sorry for what I said. I overreacted. This matters are very close to me, as you can see. I myself am enlisting in 6 months, ....

No problem, I am getting quite used to reactions on this forum.
I understand that the matter is extra "sensitive" so to speak, since you live out there.

I wish you wisdom, good judgement and above all: goodluck in your service.  :ok:

We definitely all want your service to be safe and quiet, Mega.

I don't know much about this incident at all, but I will try to read up on it now.

Mega said:
*SIGH*

Listen, you do know that we don't opress the Palestinian because we feel like it right? It's because they keep attacking us.
Hey man, you can't single handedly put the blame on them. It's on both the Israeli and the Palestinians - Also remember that every coin has two sides and usually neither is 100% correct.

This is how it went down (I think, Perun and LC are 100000x the authority on history than I am). As a result of the holocaust (worst thing ever in modern history, maybe ever) a lot of what some refer to as "ethnical jews" etc joined the military to fight the nazis. When the WWII finally ended there were a whole frickin' lot of future israelis in service - A lot. All things considered, the insane suffering the holocaust brought etc as well as the sheer number of armed future israelis made the UN reach the decision to give Israel to them because a long time prior they inhabitated the area. The only problem is that it was now popualted by palestinians.

The Palestinians didn't like this and as the years passed, a never ending cycle of violence tormented Israel/Palestina where both sides killed innocents and committed horrible deeds. The Palestinians became second rate citizens and relocated and walls were built to keep them away. More recently, a blockade was initiated by both Egypt and Israel to thwart the Hamas which kept the Palestinians from supplies etc which as far as I know is considered illegal by many  however.. Palestinians response to these kinds of measures is violence and both sides have extremists who care nothing for compromise. Yeah, and that doesn't do any good for the peace process.

So you see, the blame is on both sides. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, or at least I don't intend to do so, I'm merely saying that neither side is playing fair.

Oh, even while some on the ship had axes and knives (oddly enough the official videos almost exclusively shows the resistance of the activists and not what transpired prior to it or even how the troops acted - It's suspicious. Furthermore, if they were bringing supplies then why why not axes and tools? They didn't have any rifles etc, mind you. ) - , what the fuck where Isreali troops doing there? It was international water where they have no mandate whatsoever to board any ship. That's final, UN law clearly forbids it.

Yet another edit: Actually, all you see is chairs and poles, no knives or axes. I checked the vid again.

Two Dutch people were also on board. Now they are in jail (our government demands their release) but Israel wants to throw them out of the country. In order to gets this done they want them to sign some paper. The Dutch (and I assume several other people as well) refuse to sign because they think they haven't done anything wrong. Besides: the text is in Hebrew which they can't read.

Meanwhile: Another "warship" started to travel to Gaza. This time it comes from Malta, but it belongs to the same convoy. Israel says they are prepared again.

I wonder if things will go exactly the same, or not. To be continued .....

Look, we came to them in peace, we did nothing wrong. You have to realize that they attacked first. Heck, the troops were armed with paint ball guns.
The passengers immediately attacked them, several soldiers have broken bones from the incident.
Also, weapons were in fact found afterwards. And yes, The people who refused to leave are now in jail, and they will be deported.

The only purpose of this shop was to provocate us, and worsen the relations between us and turkey.

Once again:

Yax said:
what the fuck where Isreali troops doing there? It was international water where they have no mandate whatsoever to board any ship. That's final, UN law clearly forbids it.
A
s far as I know there is no official war between Israel and Palestina which makes the boarding illegal as it was done in international water.

Mega said:
Look, we came to them in peace, we did nothing wrong. You have to realize that they attacked first.
We don't know that since Israel officials have elected not to release the complete footage; It only shows snippets of the activists' resistance so you can't expect anyone to accept what officials say transpired when they haven't made any footage available that would confirm it. I find that highly suspicious.

The war is not OFFICIAL, but it's there allright. We are in a position where we have to defend ourselves on a daily basis, and you can't blame us for being suspicious about that boat. Besides, the boat was about to enter our waters, and break the quarantine on gaza. We knew it and got to them first.

About your second point: I guess I can't say anything about that. What I see are soldiers being attacked, but maybe it's open for debate.

Yax said:
We don't know that since Israel officials have elected not to release the complete footage; It only shows snippets of the activists' resistance so you can't expect anyone to accept what officials say transpired when they haven't made any footage available that would confirm it. I find that highly suspicious.

Exactly. The Israeli footage ended abruptly as soon as a soldier pointed his gun.

Back