The holy book.

Mega

Ancient Mariner
Yeah, I'm talking about "the" holy book.

Of guitar techniques.

Lame joke aside, I need a book for guitarists that have great explanations and drills for intermediate guitarists. Something that'll make me a pro if I try hard enough. I have the enthusiasm, I just lack the guidance.
Another thing I need is a good theory book, preferably that starts right from the beginning and goes to a decent level that a good guitarist should know.

Oh, Ebooks count BTW.

first how much do you  know? I have 3 books but i need to know your knowledge

Theory wise, I know very little.
I read sheet music a little, know a bit about modes and a bit about chord progressions.
Very little about improvising over chords as well, just enough to get by.

ok then first i would get three books. The first two are called "Play Guitar Today" 1and 2 by Hal Leonard. It comes seperatly or in a package. The first one covers the basics of theory and then teaches a few notes some etudes and a few more notes more songs/etudes and so on. Teaching tricks along the way. Then some chords. Book 2 has power chords, 5th position, scales, chords, blues, bends, slides, hammer-ons and pull-offs among other. The third book is called "Total Jazz Guitarist" by Jody Fisher.
oh that jazz book is great for theory. It also teaches chord progresions scales the circle of 5ths (very important) the II-IV7-1 progression and improv. It is great for study and will help in the long run and as a bonus teach you some good music.

Sounds like the first two book are pretty basic. Technique wise, I need a book for pretty good guitarists.
The jazz one sounds good though.

Mega said:
Sounds like the first two book are pretty basic. Technique wise, I need a book for pretty good guitarists.
The jazz one sounds good though.
you should at least give the 2nd one a try. also  there is a really good theory book i have and if i can find it i'll post the name

Back