THE CRUSADE OF EPICS: Results -> A Change Of Seasons wins!

I listened to a sampling of that Bon Jovi song.. yikes!

I honestly don't quite get the hype for The Divine Wings Of Tragedy. It's a cool song, but Symphony X has way better songs in their catalogue. Many cool parts, no great parts, and the buildup is all for nothing as the song just ends without some triumphant upbeat part, like for example The Odyssey.
Such as? I'm curious what songs of theirs you think are stronger than Divine Wings and The Odyssey. Those two and Through the Looking Glass are like their holy trinity in my book.

I'm curious what songs of theirs you think are stronger than Divine Wings
Chronologically: Of Sins & Shadows, The Accolade, Candlelight Fantasia (my favorite), Smoke & Mirrors, Church Of The Machine, Inferno, Accolade II, The Odyssey, Revelation, Electric Messiah, When All Is Lost, Without You.

“Dry County” tries to be earnest, but it comes out as ham and cheese with extra mayo. I literally felt greasy after listening to it. No thanks.

“The Vanilla Queen” has a pretty cool verse, and I like the first interlude and the super long outro (though it wears out its welcome a bit), but I don’t care for the chorus or the bizarre second interlude with spoken word parts and sound effects, and I don’t really feel like the song earns its runtime.

Not a great round IMO, but since I have to make a choice...sorry, @The Dissident, but I have to go with @Forostar ’s nominee here. Winner: Golden Earring

Neither of these songs struck a chord with me, but Vanilla Queen was slightly more enjoyable. The ending was pretty cool, and it has a progginess to it that the Bon Jovi song lacks.

Chronologically: Of Sins & Shadows, The Accolade, Candlelight Fantasia (my favorite), Smoke & Mirrors, Church Of The Machine, Inferno, Accolade II, The Odyssey, Revelation, Electric Messiah, When All Is Lost, Without You.
That's fair. Electric Messiah, though? To each their own. The middle part is pretty cool.

I never was a Bon Jovi fanboy but I did enjoy blasting New Jersey and Keep The Faith tapes on my cassette player as a 15 year old.

I am dying from work and am in desperate need of vacation. When I finish work I just lay down in bed instead of sitting on a computer, even though I'd want to. I'll try to update soon but not making any promises until things settle down. Sales are tough af.

I thought both songs were so-so. Bon Jovi had better vocals and it was slightly catchier, whereas Golden Earring was better instrumentally and had a cooler outro. Went with Bon Jovi but it was close.

Back