THE CRUSADE OF EPICS: Results -> A Change Of Seasons wins!

i7QzNSH.jpg

Results of Round 20:
Lunar Aurora - Findling
Be'lakor - In Parting

Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons (Nominated by @The Dissident, @Collin)
vs.
Dream Theater - The Count Of Tuscany (Nominated by @Saapanael, @MindRuler)

“A Change Of Seasons” is one of those rare epics where every part works well on its own and everything comes together as a song, too. The vocal parts and the instrumental parts are equally memorable, and every instrument has a chance to shine. There’s a really nice jazzy undercurrent to the whole thing which I appreciate. This is definitely a top contender to win the whole game.

“The Count Of Tuscany” is no slouch either, with pretty consistently great instrumental sections, but where it falls down a bit is with the vocal parts. Some of them are good, but the hard-panned panicked parts (e.g. “Let me introduce...”) are downright cringe-inducing, and that’s a black eye I can’t ignore.

Sorry, Maapanaeler, but The Collissident’s nominee takes this one. Winner: Dream Theater - “A Change Of Seasons”

How unfortunate. The Count Of Tuscany is amazing and didn’t deserve such fate. But A Change of Seasons is... you know, A Change of Seasons.

The Count Of Tuscany is for me the worst song on its album, and a song I haven't felt the need to revisit, whereas A Change Of Seasons is a song I'd take a longer route home for to finish it. This is a clear answer for me. A Change Of Seasons

It´s like your favourite Maiden song versus Hallowed Be Thy Name...unless Hallowed is your favourite Maiden song offcourse.
The Count Of Tuscany is not only my favourite Dream Theater song but my favourite song by any band or artist ever. However, ACOS is the song that has to go to the next round. Still voted TCOS though.

There are also people who hate DT and will vote against them no matter what.
But they (how many are they, one?) will not influence this game. My point is that the DT songs will win, because lot of people out here do rate their work above anything else they hear (including for the first time) (bar perhaps Maiden and a few bands which do not compete out here).

Last edited:
I love Tuscany and would probably rate it as about my 5th favorite DT song overall, But ACOS should honestly win the whole damn tournament.

But ACOS should honestly win the whole damn tournament.
IRYO. "A Change of Seasons" is definitely one of the best Dream Theater songs, but it's still Dream Theater. The songs that should actually win the tournament are Symphony X's "The Odyssey" or Nightwish's "Ghost Love Score".

EDIT: "Bat Out of Hell" and "I'd Do Anything for Love" would also be good finalists.

A Change of Seasons has a lot of lovers in the DT world. It has fantastic individual parts, absolutely amazing, but I'm not too keen on how the parts are tied together. It sounds like DT hadn't fully mastered their craft yet and brought all kinds of ideas together into one big prog showdown.

Back