The Concert Thread

srfc

Ancient Mariner
I was in Paris on Sunday and Maiden were in top form, a real marked improvement from the Belfast gig, I guess they were a little sluggish after 3 years off but are getting back up to match fitness now. I was worried that we might be getting an announcement about Nicko after the slow tempo of a lot of the set in Belfast but all those worries are completely gone now. Also the sound was so much better than the outdoor gig.

All the stage theatre bits work way better in the dark, obviously, you don't realise the band are on stage at the start of senjutsu etc., you can't see the set being changed etc. and it basically has the intended effect.

Also saw British Lion on the Saturday night, they were very good too, and a big surprise seeing Doug Sampson in the support band!

srfc

Ancient Mariner
Seen Guns N Roses last night in Dublin, fantastic set. Anyone put off in the past by the antics of Axl delaying the show etc. should check them out if they have a chance as he seems to have learned what it means to be professional by working with AC/DC

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
Seen Guns N Roses last night in Dublin, fantastic set. Anyone put off in the past by the antics of Axl delaying the show etc. should check them out if they have a chance as he seems to have learned what it means to be professional by working with AC/DC

That is good to hear. Unfortunately, I still find his voice utterly nauseating.

Glad to hear you had a great time though.

srfc

Ancient Mariner
I saw them a few years ago in Florence by chance as they were at the same festival Maiden were playing, and they were great there too. If I hadn't have seen that I would have never gone to them given some of the farcical antics in the past. The previous gig in Dublin when it was Axl and hired goons, he didn't come on stage until well after 10 o'clock meaning people on public transport had to leave not long after the gig had even started. Luckily I wasn't there as I had no interested in seeing Axl on his own.

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
I saw them a few years ago in Florence by chance as they were at the same festival Maiden were playing, and they were great there too. If I hadn't have seen that I would have never gone to them given some of the farcical antics in the past. The previous gig in Dublin when it was Axl and hired goons, he didn't come on stage until well after 10 o'clock meaning people on public transport had to leave not long after the gig had even started. Luckily I wasn't there as I had no interested in seeing Axl on his own.

My problem is not with Axl’s despicable lack of professionalism and silly antics; I just cannot stand his voice, so whilst I find some of their songs to be quite good, the moment Axl starts singing puts me off.

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
I'll be brutally honest: I have always found Guns N'Roses terribly overrated. Even The Guardian could only choose 20 songs off them, when most artists had top 30 and top 40 lists. :devil2:

Only 20 songs...

30 songs!

40 songs!

Sorry Axl. :p

• Love
Reactions: Jer

Brigantium

General of the Dark Army
Staff member
Now Katatonia have announced a tour, visiting my favourite Manchester venue in Feb 2023, just a few days before I go to see Gojira in Newcastle. I could soon be making up for the last two years.