The Bolton Iron Maiden

A

Anonymous

[a href=\'http://www.theboltonironmaiden.com/\' target=\'_blank\'][img src=\'http://theboltonironmaiden.com/images/logo1.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /][/a]

Did you know that the late 60s and early 70s saw the apparition of different bands called Iron Maiden? There was one from Basildon, who released their one and only album, Maiden Voyage, back in 1970. And now, there is this one, from Bolton, who is about to release an album, Maiden Flight, for the 30th anniversary of the death of their guitarist. The album was authorised by Harris's gang and by their management, and the benefits will go to the UK Cancer Research.

So go visit their website and keep an eye out for the release of their 1970-76 recordings. It's not only good music, but it's also for a good cause! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

That's the wierdest thing ever! What exactly? THE WHOLE THING! For a second their I thought you were refering to Michael Bolton's "Metal" days

yeah me too, I've never heard of that band before, it's true what they say: you always learn something new.

[!--emo&:howdy:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wavey.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wavey.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Glad to see people in Mexico are asking questions. I live in Dubai and I know members of this band through my husband who was on the support side of this group. Don't you think it's great that people want to raise money for a charity close to their heart? (Music isn't bad either!!!!!!)

[!--QuoteBegin-Hazel+Dec 8 2005, 03:52 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Hazel @ Dec 8 2005, 03:52 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--emo&:howdy:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wavey.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wavey.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Glad to see people in Mexico are asking questions.  I live in Dubai and I know members of this band through my husband who was on the support side of this group.  Don't you think it's great that people want to raise money for a charity close to their heart?  (Music isn't bad either!!!!!!)
[snapback]124748[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Hazel
We meet in the oddest places dont we?
Thanks for your post - The CD is creating a lot of interest - Anyone in Mexico want to buy a copy of Maiden Flight? Its Maiden Music before Maiden were Maiden
Love and Peace to all!

www.theboltonironmaiden.com

Paul O'Neill

Just a note to wish the Maiden Fans a very Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year - and to say thank you to the thousands (57,500 to date) of you out there who have visitied the site and the many who have bought the CD - the profits are shared with Cancer Reseach and Macmillan Nurses.

Thank you guys - your the best!
Paul O'Neill
(-not of the IRA or the Trans-Siberian Orchestra)

There is now a page about The Bolton Iron Maiden [a href=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/index.php?url=tbim&lang=eng&link=features\' target=\'_blank\']on the Commentary[/a]. Enjoy and get the CD! [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Conor+Jan 31 2006, 05:22 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Jan 31 2006, 05:22 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Looks nice, even though I will probably never get the record or anything [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]128200[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Instead of giving 10 quid to your local pet home, buy the CD. It'll go to a very useful charity, and you'll have the music as a bonus. And believe me, it's good! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Do the Bolton Iron Maiden have anything to do with the part in the documentary on 'The Early Days' DVD when someone (Steve I think) said that after a gig one night they got a phone call saying that the name 'Iron Maiden' had already been taken?

[!--QuoteBegin-Ascendancy+Jan 31 2006, 05:40 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Jan 31 2006, 05:40 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Do the Bolton Iron Maiden have anything to do with the part in the documentary on 'The Early Days' DVD when someone (Steve I think) said that after a gig one night they got a phone call saying that the name 'Iron Maiden' had already been taken?
[snapback]128207[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I think there were a few bands with this name and in that documentary, Steve went on to say that they heard no more from the callers so assumed it was a hoax. [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Steve mentions also that the caller had a Northern accent, so it makes sense. The band members are not aware of this, but one of their fans could have called. We'll probably never know for sure.

[!--quoteo(post=128210:date=Jan 31 2006, 05:44 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jan 31 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]128210[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Steve mentions also that the caller had a Northern accent, so it makes sense. The band members are not aware of this, but one of their fans could have called. We'll probably never know for sure.
[/quote]

I think if Steve and I have a chat sometime, we could pin this down once and for all.
We think we know who phoned Steve that night - and could verify it - Steve - give me a call. Rod has number .
Love and Peace to all
Paul

[!--quoteo(post=129094:date=Feb 16 2006, 10:37 PM:name=Paul)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Paul @ Feb 16 2006, 10:37 PM) [snapback]129094[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Steve - give me a call.
[/quote]
I'm afraid that Steve doesn't read this forum. Best get in touch with Rod directly. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=129096:date=Feb 16 2006, 11:08 PM:name=Ascendancy)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Feb 16 2006, 11:08 PM) [snapback]129096[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Is that Paul as in Paul Di'Anno?? ::
[/quote]
Please, don't make yourself look more stupid than you actually are. ::

[!--quoteo(post=129097:date=Feb 16 2006, 10:11 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 16 2006, 10:11 PM) [snapback]129097[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Please, don't make yourself look more stupid than you actually are. ::
[/quote]
A simple yes or no would have sufficed. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /]

Back