EDDIE MADE ME DO IT (THE BEAST ARISES 1973 - 1983)

Luisma

Years Wasted
EDDIE MADE ME DO IT (THE BEAST ARISES 1973-1983) narrates the story of Steve Harris and Iron Maiden in a way that has never before been revealed thanks exclusive interviews with: David Smith and Paul Sears (Influence/Gypsy’s Kiss), Steve Lazarus (Head of the Fanclub 1998-2019) and Keith Wilfort (Head of the Fanclub 1979-1997), Dave “Lights” Beasley, Dennis Wilcock (Vocalist in Smiler and in Iron Maiden between 1976-1978), Barry “Thunderstick” Purkins (Drummer in Maiden between 1977-1978), Terry Warpram (Guitarist in Maiden 1977-1978), Neal Kay, Dennis Stratton (Guitarist of Iron Maiden 1980), Derek Riggs, Pippa Lang (reporter from Melody Maker, Review editor of Metal Hammer from late 80’s and 90’s an ex-girlfriend of Dave Murray), Manu Da Silva (Ex-Roadie, Personal Friend of Steve Harris who went to take care of Eddie’s Bar between 1989-2005), Andy Curran (co-lead vocalist and Bassist of Coney Hatch who supported Maiden on the World Piece Tour and became a personal friend of Harris. Also supporting Steve on his upcoming British Lion 2023 Tour) and even the dancer from The Number Of The Beast video!
Within this book you’ll find never before seen pictures and stories, as well as commentaries from Doug Sampson, Paul Di’Anno, Adrian Smith and Bruce Dickinson, as well as a special tourgraphy with commentaries on almost every gig… even the secret gigs (not divulged anywhere else!)

All in all, EDDIE MADE ME DO IT is a book written by a that hard fan who went to research the band for more than 30 years, gathering information from the very early days of the band ‘til now.

Link to buy bit.ly/3FrYZKW

Eddie Made Me Do It.jpg

I’m sure this book would be an awesome read as I very much enjoyed your previous pdf book I purchased.

However, at £50 the price is just way too high. Especially considering that it only covers a small period of the bands history and there are already a few books available that cover this period at a fraction of the cost, written by established authors available on Amazon.

Also, I suspect this is the first in a series so I am guessing that it would take around 4 books before you’ve covered the bands full history, at a cost of £200!

As a long time fan of Maidens I’m not claiming to be the top expert but I’ve read enough books, magazine interviews and watched enough documentaries both official and unofficial, to know a lot about the bands history. Whilst I think this book will be well written I can’t see how much more I could need to read up on about the band, especially at that high cost. I’m sure this book is aimed at fans similar to myself so I can see many people feeling the same as me.

If it was at £25 I would be tempted and take the plunge.

I’m sure this book would be an awesome read as I very much enjoyed your previous pdf book I purchased.

However, at £50 the price is just way too high. Especially considering that it only covers a small period of the bands history and there are already a few books available that cover this period at a fraction of the cost, written by established authors available on Amazon.

Also, I suspect this is the first in a series so I am guessing that it would take around 4 books before you’ve covered the bands full history, at a cost of £200!

As a long time fan of Maidens I’m not claiming to be the top expert but I’ve read enough books, magazine interviews and watched enough documentaries both official and unofficial, to know a lot about the bands history. Whilst I think this book will be well written I can’t see how much more I could need to read up on about the band, especially at that high cost. I’m sure this book is aimed at fans similar to myself so I can see many people feeling the same as me.

If it was at £25 I would be tempted and take the plunge.
Thank you very much for your input my friend.

You'll be surprised how much it takes (not talking about research but printing, hard cover, paper, etc) to make a book like this one. When I was studying the possibility about doing this, the suggested price was over a 100 USD! Which of course, thought it was outrageous as I myself, wouldn't buy a book at that cost. Another thing I must say is that while many establish authors have written similar books (and I have read most of them) they all offer little (if any) real new information, which was one of the reasons why I decided to conduct my own research and talk to people who were actually there and not controlled by Maiden Management and end up diforming the story. A fine example of the latter is what happened in The Early Years documentary and Run To The Hills: The Official Biography of the Band (this was confirmed to me by Mick Wall himself and publicly in his podcast.

I must add that like you, I also have collected books, and more than 1000 magazines where the band is interviewed, reviewed or talk about and therefore, the book definitely does offer much more than any of those, but I do understand your point and once again thank you very, very much for your honestly as it gives me a glipse of what people think about my product and what it offers.

On a last note, expect to receive in the following days and update of the Detailed Discography Of The Beast in the following days. As promised almost 5 years ago, this will be the last free update for those who have bought it... Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your input my friend.

You'll be surprised how much it takes (not talking about research but printing, hard cover, paper, etc) to make a book like this one. When I was studying the possibility about doing this, the suggested price was over a 100 USD! Which of course, thought it was outrageous as I myself, wouldn't buy a book at that cost. Another thing I must say is that while many establish authors have written similar books (and I have read most of them) they all offer little (if any) real new information, which was one of the reasons why I decided to conduct my own research and talk to people who were actually there and not controlled by Maiden Management and end up diforming the story. A fine example of the latter is what happened in The Early Years documentary and Run To The Hills: The Official Biography of the Band (this was confirmed to me by Mick Wall himself and publicly in his podcast.

I must add that like you, I also have collected books, and more than 1000 magazines where the band is interviewed, reviewed or talk about and therefore, the book definitely does offer much more than any of those, but I do understand your point and once again thank you very, very much for your honestly as it gives me a glipse of what people think about my product and what it offers.

On a last note, expect to receive in the following days and update of the Detailed Discography Of The Beast in the following days. As promised almost 5 years ago, this will be the last free update for those who have bought it... Hope you enjoy it!
Thanks for not taking my views as negative which I can see how they could have been taken.

I will keep this book in mind as I do like to read about Maiden and will give it some thought over the Xmas period as to wether to make a purchase. I have the funds just my initial thoughts were that £50 for a book was a bit on the steep side but then again I have been impressed with your previous work.

Thanks for not taking my views as negative which I can see how they could have been taken.

I will keep this book in mind as I do like to read about Maiden and will give it some thought over the Xmas period as to wether to make a purchase. I have the funds just my initial thoughts were that £50 for a book was a bit on the steep side but then again I have been impressed with your previous work.
I woundn't do that man, honest respectful input helps me improve and offer better things in the future, so I'm very greatful you took the time to write your thoughts.

I just want to add that I did compare my book to others, especially those of Martin Popoff which offer, in my opinion, nothing new, Mick Wall's (which today can be snatch for over a 100 USD) and this guy named Stepjan Juras who charges 55£ for books in half letter size pages, with no Hi-res colour photographs, and basically giving his take on things while also sort of deforming the story of the band.

Once again, I'm really thankful for your input and as I said before, be sure to check your email in these following days as you'll be receiving the update of the Detailed DIscography ebook... Lots of new info in that one ;) and if we don't talk again soon, a very happy Christmas for you and your loved ones

Are these made/printed-to-order or are there a limited quantity? I may be grabbing a copy of this once my account recovers from xmas.
I reached an agreement with Lulu to print only a certain copies on demand. As a matter of fact, the original number was a 100, but seeing that those sold out in a matter of 6 hours, I ask them to do a 100 more so you might be able to grab it after xmas... If not, you know you can always reach me and I'll definitely see what I can do for you :)

Thanks for sending out the update for detailed discography of the beast. I’ve been reading through it today and decided to take the plunge and buy your new book.

I’ve really enjoyed the e-book and look forward to reading your new book when it arrives :shred:
Yea, the discography book is really good. It's less of a "read cover to cover" book and more a solid reference. I'd love a copy of that in-print, to put on my shelf next to my other Maiden/Bruce biographies.

Yea, the discography book is really good. It's less of a "read cover to cover" book and more a solid reference. I'd love a copy of that in-print, to put on my shelf next to my other Maiden/Bruce biographies.
I would love a printed copy too but it would be a huge and very expensive book.

What would be a great idea is if the e-book could be broken down and released in small volumes so you build up a reference collection. There’s enough info on each album that I’d buy one book per album.

I would love a printed copy too but it would be a huge and very expensive book.

What would be a great idea is if the e-book could be broken down and released in small volumes so you build up a reference collection. There’s enough info on each album that I’d buy one book per album.
Hello, hello! And Merry Christmas to you and everybody!

You should check your emails (the one you gave when buying the Detailed Discography... As I have send EVERYBODY that has bought one of my books, the latest update (the 4th already!) with new info :)

In the email that I sent there's very good news to you all which is that seeing that the sale of the new book has been extremely good, I have convinced the company which helped put the print the new book to actually put a physical version of the Detailed Discography Of The Beast! Of course, as you mention, if I was to print the entire thing as it is, the book would be not only very expensive but also heavy, which would make the shipping very expensive so, the book will definitely be divided. I'm think three or four albums at the time but will have to see once the designing process starts 'cause I don't want to just print the version as it is (although it has been getting better).

The physical version of the Detailed Discography Of The Beast will of course start, once I finish the writting and designing process of what would the second physical book covering the story of Maiden between 1984-1993. The good news is that the book is almost entirely written by now, because, the original plan I had was to put out one book covering the story between 1973-1989, however, once I saw that by the year 1982 the book was already 200+ pages, I had to decide to cut the story by 1983 or the book would be over 1000+ pages.

All this means that the physical version of Detailed Discography will probably see the light of the day during the second trimester of the year!

Thank you for all of your support!

Hello, hello! And Merry Christmas to you and everybody!

You should check your emails (the one you gave when buying the Detailed Discography... As I have send EVERYBODY that has bought one of my books, the latest update (the 4th already!) with new info :)

In the email that I sent there's very good news to you all which is that seeing that the sale of the new book has been extremely good, I have convinced the company which helped put the print the new book to actually put a physical version of the Detailed Discography Of The Beast! Of course, as you mention, if I was to print the entire thing as it is, the book would be not only very expensive but also heavy, which would make the shipping very expensive so, the book will definitely be divided. I'm think three or four albums at the time but will have to see once the designing process starts 'cause I don't want to just print the version as it is (although it has been getting better).

The physical version of the Detailed Discography Of The Beast will of course start, once I finish the writting and designing process of what would the second physical book covering the story of Maiden between 1984-1993. The good news is that the book is almost entirely written by now, because, the original plan I had was to put out one book covering the story between 1973-1989, however, once I saw that by the year 1982 the book was already 200+ pages, I had to decide to cut the story by 1983 or the book would be over 1000+ pages.

All this means that the physical version of Detailed Discography will probably see the light of the day during the second trimester of the year!

Thank you for all of your support!
Sorry I just skimmed through the email to be honest as I just headed straight for the updated e-book.

Just re read the email properly and yes I can see there the plans for the physical books of detailed discography of the beast. Very nice, will certainly be purchasing.

EDDIE MADE ME DO IT (THE BEAST ARISES 1973-1983) narrates the story of Steve Harris and Iron Maiden in a way that has never before been revealed thanks exclusive interviews with: David Smith and Paul Sears (Influence/Gypsy’s Kiss), Steve Lazarus (Head of the Fanclub 1998-2019) and Keith Wilfort (Head of the Fanclub 1979-1997), Dave “Lights” Beasley, Dennis Wilcock (Vocalist in Smiler and in Iron Maiden between 1976-1978), Barry “Thunderstick” Purkins (Drummer in Maiden between 1977-1978), Terry Warpram (Guitarist in Maiden 1977-1978), Neal Kay, Dennis Stratton (Guitarist of Iron Maiden 1980), Derek Riggs, Pippa Lang (reporter from Melody Maker, Review editor of Metal Hammer from late 80’s and 90’s an ex-girlfriend of Dave Murray), Manu Da Silva (Ex-Roadie, Personal Friend of Steve Harris who went to take care of Eddie’s Bar between 1989-2005), Andy Curran (co-lead vocalist and Bassist of Coney Hatch who supported Maiden on the World Piece Tour and became a personal friend of Harris. Also supporting Steve on his upcoming British Lion 2023 Tour) and even the dancer from The Number Of The Beast video!
Within this book you’ll find never before seen pictures and stories, as well as commentaries from Doug Sampson, Paul Di’Anno, Adrian Smith and Bruce Dickinson, as well as a special tourgraphy with commentaries on almost every gig… even the secret gigs (not divulged anywhere else!)

All in all, EDDIE MADE ME DO IT is a book written by a that hard fan who went to research the band for more than 30 years, gathering information from the very early days of the band ‘til now.

Link to buy bit.ly/3FrYZKW

View attachment 24106
Book arrived in the post today and just wanted to give you my opinion on my first impressions.

I've only skimmed through and had a little read of a few snippets and already I can't wait to make some time to sit down and go through a detailed read of the book. I like that its A4 size and the text is printed clear and easy on the eye.

I will however point out one negative, well negative for me anyway. The material used for the cover has a very strange feel to it. It feels a tad rubbery which in itself isn't a problem however it's the sort of material which shows up every little mark. With the cover mostly being black then it will be an issue to the overall aesthetics. When I took the book out of the packaging it was sent it (good solid packaging by the way) the back of the book has quite a few marks on it which makes it look like i've purchased a used book.

Don't get me wrong I bought this for the contents but I do take care of things I buy and even if the book was to look a bit worn out over the years I expect it to look pristine when I first get it. I've ordered a pack of protective clear book covers from amazon and will wait till these arrive before i actually read through the book. I would have preferred the cover to have been more glossy than the rubbery matte finish it has as this would be harder to show up marks. Also, maybe consider making the covers a more lighter background colour other than black as this will also help hide any marks.

One last thing I would be interested to know if future books you release will also have this rubbery dark cover type.

Book arrived in the post today and just wanted to give you my opinion on my first impressions.

I've only skimmed through and had a little read of a few snippets and already I can't wait to make some time to sit down and go through a detailed read of the book. I like that its A4 size and the text is printed clear and easy on the eye.

I will however point out one negative, well negative for me anyway. The material used for the cover has a very strange feel to it. It feels a tad rubbery which in itself isn't a problem however it's the sort of material which shows up every little mark. With the cover mostly being black then it will be an issue to the overall aesthetics. When I took the book out of the packaging it was sent it (good solid packaging by the way) the back of the book has quite a few marks on it which makes it look like i've purchased a used book.

Don't get me wrong I bought this for the contents but I do take care of things I buy and even if the book was to look a bit worn out over the years I expect it to look pristine when I first get it. I've ordered a pack of protective clear book covers from amazon and will wait till these arrive before i actually read through the book. I would have preferred the cover to have been more glossy than the rubbery matte finish it has as this would be harder to show up marks. Also, maybe consider making the covers a more lighter background colour other than black as this will also help hide any marks.

One last thing I would be interested to know if future books you release will also have this rubbery dark cover type.
Hi mate, first of all thank you very, very much for your first impressions and comments, really appreciate it.

Interesting to read your thoughts about the material of the cover, I do plan to release more books in the very near future, and I will try to consider all your comments about the material and the colours when studying the possibility. I'm already considering the artwork for the upcoming book and I think that it won't have much black but will see in the future as first I have to basically write at least 4 new chapters (89,90,91,92,93) and perform the interviews for those years.

Thanks once again for your input,

@Luisma The link you provided is for hard cover. I would prefer to buy it in epub format, is it available in any ebook store?

PS: 60$ is not expensive for such a research. You should add a link for donations.

Man of few words.
Hey! Sorry for not answering sooner. At the moment there are no plans for an ebook but if demands for it grows I will try to sort it out

Back