Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Helloween

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Exodus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vortex

Invader
Winner goes through to next round. Their will be 16 first rounds, a total of 112 bands.

Once the final 16 is reached, each band will compete heads up with another, until we are down to 8, 4 then 2 respectively.

The final 2 will play off in the Grand Final.

Obviously, some bands might not get included, but I will do my best. :ok:

Sabbath.

But FYI:

SinisterMinisterX said:
Please do not start multiple threads for a single game. Accomplish your goal by editing your poll. I've seen forums that have a new thread for every voting round, and it's a mess. We'd like to avoid that on Maidenfans as much as possible.

:)

Cool, advice taken, I will wait 'til these polls expire, then edit it for further rounds.  :rocker:

Black Sabbath, easily.  Heaven & Hell pulled me into the metal world and it is an excellent record.  Other favorites include Mob Rules, Master of Reality, Tyr, and Dehumanizer.  Tony Iommi is the king of the heavy metal riff.

p4warrior said:
Black Sabbath, easily.  Heaven & Hell pulled me into the metal world and it is an excellent record.  Other favorites include Mob Rules, Master of Reality, Tyr, and Dehumanizer.  Adrian Smith is the king of the heavy metal riff.

Agreed

I think Tony Iommi is like incomparable. Neither Smith can be compared to Master Iommi. Iommi is hors concurs.

When it comes to riffs I agree, Iommi is the master. He wrote many of the greatest riffs of Metal, Smith has some great ones but not even comparable.
I prefer Smith tho.

LooseCannon said:
207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Babo 91 said:

Adrian Smith is a brilliant musician and composer, but I'm with Jeffmetal on this: King of the Riff has to go to Iommi.  My favorite bit of evidence for this is the song "Follow the Tears."  There are three riffs before the vocals even kick in - any one of those would have been the basis of an entire song for lesser bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmzvG3UIIio

Lanslide here and Sabbath is a worthy choice.
But since Dio only did three Sabbath albums, AC/DC is the second best band of all time, in this or any round.

Back