TFF Mission Edition Booklet Holder Mod

MadMax

Invader
I've just figured out how to modify the plastic disc holder where the booklet of the TFF Mission Editon also fits in - or doesn't. Because the holder is slightly smaller than the booklet, it will eventuelly get warped and pinched around the edges when you close the case. Before that happens, two simple cuts on the top and bottom right edge of the plastic holder will solve this problem:

- First, remove the holder from the case - it can easily be pulled out by squeezing an edge slightly.
- Put the booklet into the holder so that the inner edges (where the fold is) fit into the holder. The outer edges will now (probably, if not you're lucky) stand out of the holder and not fit in.
- Take a pair of small scissors or a sharp knife and make a small cut from the back of the holder upwards along the outer wall, about 2 mm left of the outer booklet edge. You'll want to make an opening where the edges fit in later. See photos to clarify.
- Cut around the outer wall toward the top and the inner wall until you hit the bottom again. Make the same cut at a 45 degree angle on the rounded corner of the holder.
- Pull down the cut-out plastic piece until it's flat and remove it with a last cut (or rip it off).
- Repeat for the upper right edge.

The booklet should now sit comfortably in the holder with enough room for all four edges to fit in. The result will look like this:

tff_me_mod1.jpg

Closeup of the cuts:

tff_me_mod2.jpg

tff_me_mod3.jpg

Back