TBOS Predictions

Mountil

Captain Charisma
Hey you guys, haven't posted here since TFF days, sorry I haven't been around. I had to create a new account because I forgot the password for my old email and the password for my old account here. My old account was "Mozzle". I used to make those "best of albums from each era threads", but reintroductions aside..

1. As a way to kill time, I thought it would be fun to rank the new album songs, best to worst. Drawing from what we know about the band, who wrote the songs, the song length and the name of the songs. I think we can make some pretty good guesses. Then when the album drops, we can copy our predictions list, and put it beside our new actual list after hearing the album, and see how close we were at guessing. Who knows, maybe one of us can guess the order exactly right.
  2. In a digital age, double albums don't mean what they used to, once I've ripped it all to my computer, I'll probably never think of it as a double album again. That being said. Which disc do you think will be stronger/you will enjoy more?
  3. What song on this album will have the most repetitive chorus? I don't mean that in a bad way, I don't think there is anything wrong with a repetitive chorus, but it can be a problem when many songs on the same album has it, thankfully, they've gotten better at that. But there's always at least one. Which one is it on this album?
My Guesses

Album order:

1. If Eternity Should Fail (solely based on the name, and Bruce writing it.)
2. The Book of Souls (The most consistently good song writer IMO.)
3. Empire of the Clouds
4. The Red and the Black (WTWWB was the best thing on the last album, so I have faith!)
5. Tears of a Clown
6. Speed of Light
7. Shadows of the Valley
8. The Man of Sorrows
9. The Great Unknown
10. Death or Glory
11. When the River Runs Deep (I'm tired of war songs, and I feel like this might be one.)

I think Disc 1 will be stronger

I think the song with the most repetitive chorus will be Death or Glory.

Feel free to add other cool predictions. I can't wait to see how right/wrong I was.

i guess The Red And The Black is the easy candidate for the song with the most repetitive chorus, but who knows - as you said, WTWWB wasn't so repetitive after all

Disc 1 will have more catchy aspects initially but Disc 2 will be a grower.

A special edition 'Book of Souls' Trooper beer will appear at some point.

Empire of the Clouds will make assorted references to aviation.

If Eternity should fail will be my favorite song upon first listen, but after a week it will be Empire of the Clouds.

Death or Glory will be the worst song.

Tears of a Clown will be surprisingly good.

Dave Murray will play the best guitar solos on the album.

Steve will have a bass solo on the Red and the Black.

The Great Unknown will be lyrically similar to Starblind.

Death or Glory will be cheesy and will be relentlessly compared to Sabaton.

To be honest I would really like to see Maiden do what Floyd did with The Endless River.Not that a memeber has to die or anything like that....but since they are so in love with their long songs..maybe they could use vocals to a minimum and leave the music do the talking...... even if it just some random music ideas.I mean some of their late songs seem to just be some random ideas patched together.

Disc 1 will have more catchy aspects initially but Disc 2 will be a grower.
Like I pointed out in the other thread, you shouldn't look at the album as disc 1 and disc 2. You should look at as one full album that happens to be 2 discs because of how long it is. And since I only listen to music on my iPod, when I put it on there, I'm going to number the songs tracks 1 to 11.

I'll like the titeltrack the most, death or glory will put me off a bit with it's war theme, tears of a clown will be a ballad in the style of coming home/out of the shadows but not as good.
Anyone calling them self a "true" fan will love the last song and mock everyone who doesn't for not being true enough. ;)

I feel this album will be TheBOSs!!! The way this record is being marketed (despite all that happened to Bruce) keeps the mystery of a mysteriously themed album. I have mixed references of this mystery (Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son) and occult and dark themes (The X Factor) on this opus aurea but, feel lots of new musical elements compositionaly speaking, more riffs and heaviness and a blazing performance that makes me bet on the vibes of Powerslave.

Every time I calm myself down and convince myself that this is a normal Maiden album..........the songwriting credits get me all excited again

To be honest I would really like to see Maiden do what Floyd did with The Endless River.Not that a memeber has to die or anything like that....but since they are so in love with their long songs..maybe they could use vocals to a minimum and leave the music do the talking...... even if it just some random music ideas.I mean some of their late songs seem to just be some random ideas patched together.

Vocals have never been the strong suit for Floyd. Aside from Syd Barrett, they didn't really ever have a "singer". Not the case with Maiden, you can't minimalize the impact of Bruce Dickinson.

Back