GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
I went with Highway to Hell for popularity but I’m open to suggestions from any AC/DC experts on here. My personal favorite is Dirty Deeds.
A lot of AC/DC "experts" prefer Powerage. I do, too.

I'd like to see A Farewell To Kings on here, fwiw.

My favorite Priest record from these years is Killing Machine/Hell Bent, but can't really argue against the two you have chosen, they are stone cold classics.

On Rush I’m thinking I’ll put Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres together as one. 2112 will get the ax. I think most Rush fans would prefer the other two over 2112 anyway.

If there is no consensus on an alternate AC/DC album, I’m going to stick with Highway to Hell.

Let There Be Rock would be my choice if only one AC/DC album.
Powerage is a personal favourite, but Highway to Hell is a better choice for this game.

A Farewell to Kings is a must. Spectres is better than Agents of Fortune and sometimes my favourite BOC record.

Thank you, everyone, for the feedback! Here is what I've got for the final list. I decided to go with Spectres over Agents of Fortune. It is somewhat a reluctant decision since Agents of Fortune is obviously the more well known album and contains Don't Fear the Reaper. However, I'd like to have a couple of lesser known albums in here.
  1. Aerosmith - Rocks
  2. Blue Oyster Cult - Spectres
  3. Rainbow - Rising
  4. Rush - A Farewell to Kings & Hemispheres
  5. Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
  6. Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
  7. Queen - News of the World
  8. Kiss - Alive II
  9. Judas Priest - Stained Class
  10. Van Halen - Van Halen
  11. Motorhead - Overkill
  12. Scorpions - Lovedrive
  13. UFO - Strangers In the Night
  14. AC/DC - Highway To Hell
  15. Cheap Trick - At Budokan
  16. Saga - Images At Twilight

Thank you, everyone, for the feedback! Here is what I've got for the final list. I decided to go with Spectres over Agents of Fortune. It is somewhat a reluctant decision since Agents of Fortune is obviously the more well known album and contains Don't Fear the Reaper. However, I'd like to have a couple of lesser known albums in here.
  1. Aerosmith - Rocks
  2. Blue Oyster Cult - Spectres
  3. Rainbow - Rising
  4. Rush - A Farewell to Kings & Hemispheres
  5. Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
  6. Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
  7. Queen - News of the World
  8. Kiss - Alive II
  9. Judas Priest - Stained Class
  10. Van Halen - Van Halen
  11. Motorhead - Overkill
  12. Scorpions - Lovedrive
  13. UFO - Strangers In the Night
  14. AC/DC - Highway To Hell
  15. Cheap Trick - At Budokan
  16. Saga - Images At Twilight
Great list, early favourites for me are Lovedrive, Strangers In The Night and Rising

Sorry missed your response. I'm going to try and cut as few songs as possible this time. I started pairing in themes again and most of the albums actually had similar track numbers, some could be evened out with bonus tracks. So far the only album that had a song cut is Highway To Hell. I was able to pair Spectre with a different album that had the same number of songs.

After the first group of pairings, songs will be cut as needed based on their performance in the previous matchup.

Tough. Godzilla, Golden Age, Death Valley, I Love the Night and Nosferatu are in.

Going through the Motions, which I like, is a pop rock song that doesn’t really fit with this game.
RU Ready is not one of my favourites, but the band likes it and fandom seemed to.
That would be my other choice.

The other three are dark horse, deep cuts that I personally love that give the album its strength IMO. You’d be OK choosing any of them and keeping RU Ready if that’s the route you wanted to take.

I will say that in the song versus song format, Agents of Fortune might be a better choice for the game even if I’d rather talk about and expose people to Spectres.

Relistening to Highway to Hell, forgot how absolutely amazing some of the deep cuts are, I'm far more OK with it being in there instead of Let There Be Rock than I was before.

Toys in the Attic seems like a better Aerosmith choice than Rocks to me.
Not complaining, just providing feedback.

Yes. Toys In the Attic didn't make the cut last game.

On the general subject of Rocks vs Toys, it is a close call. I really like the deep cuts on Toys, the hits not as much. Other way around for Rocks.

this game is 76'-79'
Which, unfortunately, deprives us of Deep Purple (although I've noticed that Rainbow is here). As much of a Whitesnake fan as I am, I admit that the first two albums do not compete with what released later on.

Scorpions' Taken By Force or, better still, Tokyo Tapes should make the list too, before Lovedrive, in my opinion.
Alice Cooper Goes To Hell (1976) would not be out of place either.
Finally, but maybe it is too "light", the first two Dire Straits albums could be considered.

Which, unfortunately, deprives us of Deep Purple (although I've noticed that Rainbow is here). As much of a Whitesnake fan as I am, I admit that the first two albums do not compete with what released later on.

Scorpions' Taken By Force or, better still, Tokyo Tapes should make the list too, before Lovedrive, in my opinion.
Finally, but maybe it is too "light", the first two Dire Straits albums could be considered.
I’d say both Tokyo Tapes and Lovedrive since it shows two eras in this small timeframe

Whitesnake was very close to making it into the game.

Back