Strange Thing

Hey everyone:
Have you notest this weird thing:
When I entered the Best Of The Beast detailed page in the official site I saw 34 songs in the double CD. Now when I checked here, on the Maiden Commentary I saw there are 27 songs in the Best Of The Beast. Well it's kind of confusing, wich one has a mistake?, and I think it should be repaired so that new fans won't get confused.

Thanks
P.S.: I''ve ordered Maiden's first album - Iron Maiden, and maybe next week I'll have it!!!!.

Bye

There's a vinyl with 34 songs, a double CD with 27 songs and a CD with 16 songs (the one I've got) [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yeah I have the 16 track Single-CD Best Of The Beast, took it from a friend [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .
But I've also got the Double CD, so I wanted to check what's the real tracklist of it.
Now I know it.

Thanks

I hope your friend gave it to you, so you didn't steal it! [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Tormentor! Where the hell have you been? [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Havn't seen you in a while.
Ive got the one cd thing too. I would propably buy the double cd, but i can't find it anywhere, and i dont like to order it, because it doesn't have anything new in it. [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
But what am i complaining. Its an old record, and besides i havn't bought fear of the dark neither. Blaa blaa blaa [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yeah, I haven't posted here in a while.
But I regularly check out what's happening, nonetheless.
Best Of The Beast is, IMO, a lot better selection than Edward The Great.
It's a disgrace they discontinued the production of BOTB in favour of ETG.

And FOTD is not a particulary good Maiden record, in my humble opinion.
So listen to it first, then buy. But perhaps you're a "must have it all" Maiden fan, are ya, Indiana? [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well, I am, and this month (if there's no problem with the records company who pubilshes alll the metal cd's to my country) I'll get Iron Maiden!! (the first one).
I have very few original Maiden albums, so now I'm trying to get them one by one, cos I 'kin want them all!!!.
Anyway, the single-cd BOTB I've borrowed from a friend who had forgoten about it, so I think I'll keep it for a while, anyway, he listens now to all kinds of crapy punk bands, so he doesn't care about the CD.

Bye

[!--QuoteBegin-Tormentor+Feb 22 2004, 10:46 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Tormentor @ Feb 22 2004, 10:46 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] And FOTD is not a particulary good Maiden record, in my humble opinion.
So listen to it first, then buy. But perhaps you're a "must have it all" Maiden fan, are ya, Indiana?  [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
I do think it's a good album. Much better than No prayer for the dying. It's a funny thing that i like it, because six months ago i hated it. I actually like some unpopular songs from it (like weekend warrior and the apparation). And ofcourse there is fear of the dark. Im a little bit of what you called "must have it all" fan, i think! [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I actually love Fear of the Dark. I like every single song on it, except Afraid to Shoot Strangers and the dodgy bit at the end of Fear Is the Key. It remains my favourite Maiden album. I kid you not.

[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well, now that you're talking about NPFTD and FOTD, I must argue with you that No Prayer rules and every single track on it rules as well!!!.
It was the first Maiden album I bought and the one who got me into Maiden. I've heard it a lot of times, and every track sounds great.
I think the only 2 albums were Maiden made a change are The X Factor and Virtual XI.
I mean, they played in a different way the did on previous albums and their songs became obscured and dark, and got more silent. Also Blaze's voice had made a change to Maiden in that era.

Thanks

NPFTD isn't in my opinion, very good album. I liked it very much when i first bought it, but nowdays it doesn't sound so good. But i havn't listened for it in a long time. The title song rocks tough. And ofcourse holy smoke!!! [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I agree Tormentor FOTD and NPFTD where the two flops i think Blaze Injected something into them again then the 2 prodigal Sons returned

Blaze has nothing to do with NPFTD and FOTD.
First of all, the fact the both albums aren't as good as previous albums such as TNOTB, Powerslave, SSOASS, doesn't says they are bad.
Second of all, most of the fans think both albums are bad because Janick's replace of H, os they blame him on doing something wrong, that DOESN'T EXIST.

I think every fan should give a second listening to both No Prayer For The Dying and Fear Of The Dark, and check the "tracks quality" again.

UP THE IRONS

Any album can't be that bad. There is always something good in every album that any band does. Well maybe not in these mtv "hit" bands, but generally. If the albums writers give a shit about music.

I agree with you.
I think even in very underrated Maiden albums like TXF and VXI, there's a possibility to find good tracks behind those bad tracks. For Example: 'The Clansman', IMO is a 'kin excellent track, and it is a blast on a live concert, also The Educated Fool and Futureal are very good tracks as well as Lightning Strikes Twice. You can do this as well as in The X Factor and find good tracks (everybody has a different taste, so, you might like a track I don't...;-)).

Thanks

I personally don't think NPFTD and FOTD lives up to most other Maiden albums, but there are songs on them I enjoy, like No Prayer fro the Dying, Run Silent Run Deep, Bring your Daughter... to the Slaughter (the Donington 1992 live version is amazing), Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Childhood's End, Wasting Love and Fear of the Dark [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Strangely enough, Fear of the Dark is my fave album. Such strange tastes! [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back