Stop soloing over Adrian!

A

Anonymous

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I just watched 'The Trooper' from RIR.
I'm a life long Maiden fan but I think it ruins a great live performance when Janick solos over Adrians solos!
Its out of time and messy and above all...pointless!
Adrian should be left alone on his classic solos.Its for the greater good Maiden.
Secondly, I also watched Maiden do 'Revelations' at Rock Am Ring in Germany.
Stunning performance.........except for Janick playing Adrians solo and royally fucking it up.
Adrians solos are his own.
Two guitarists soloing over each other sounds shite.
Nuff said.

This is what urks me about Janick. He butchers Adrians solos. Listen to A Real Live one or Dead one CDs. He totally ruins the solos with his blistering speed frenzied approach. As a songwriter howver, Janick is really quit good. Dance of Death has his credits all over it. So for that, Janick is ok. Just wish he wouldnt solo at all.

I like the sound you get when Janick and H solo together. Like in The Trooper from RiR. Although Janick's solo's aren't as precise as those of H, I happen to think they're awesome.

My favourite solo from Dance of Death is Janick's on Pashchendale. By far.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Oct 3 2003, 11:51 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Oct 3 2003, 11:51 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] My favourite solo from Dance of Death is Janick's on Pashchendale.  By far. [/quote]
You've got no taste or you need hearing aids! [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think Janicks solo on Pashendale is certainly HIS best ,but.........

His solo on 'Revelations' is horrible.As is his attempt to play catch up with Adrian on 'The Evil That Men Do'. It makes the whole band sound sloppy.
Maiden are at their best when they are tight and precise.
Of course if Janicks in the band he should have some solos.
But not Adrians if he is going to fuck them up.
Its stupid to have a guitarplayer of Adrians quality and not utilize him properly.

Also what the hell is thát dancing he does at the end of 'TETMD'?!!!!
He looks like a drunken ex-clown on day release!!!!!

No, not this again... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Oct 3 2003, 11:10 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Oct 3 2003, 11:10 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] You've got no taste or you need hearing aids!  [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Come on, Maverick! Look at the song, look at the history! Doesn't the frantic nature fit the reality of combat more than the precision of the other two? When I close my eyes during that solo I can imagine dashing past craters and barbed wire, the confusion all around...

Well, I see most of you HATE Janick... and thats bad. He's a member of Iron Maiden, just like the others. Maybe you like one more than another, but you cant hate any member....
If he would be as awful as you say, somebody would have fired him...

Adrian is very good, so is Janick.

This discussion is right over.

No it isnt [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It's just a different style. Janick is more of a showman and less of a precise solo player! Btw, I like his stage shows a lot!

I always thought that when Janick and H soloed together, it sounds like the Black Sabbath tracks where Tony Iommi overdubbed 2 similar but separate solos on top of each other (like War Pigs). I'm a Sabbath fan, so I like that sound.

This first time I saw Janick live, his hijinks kinda threw me for a loop, but I eventually realized that between all the stunts he's playing some brilliant guitar. This last show (Gimme Ed tour about 6 weeks ago) I had my best seat ever and I could really see what he was playing - amazing! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Davey is the guitar king in Iron Maiden! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Some solos with both of them are really nice and many of H's solos need two guitars because they're played in two different scales in some places, but some solos must be taken by H alone. Like the 22 solo. This summer on the Give me Ed...-tour They both played H's solo, and at the end of it Jannick totally screwed the nice part right before the end with some speed picking. BUT!!!! Jannick's own solos are goodlike!!! When he playes them live they're very good, so i dont dislike jannick. So please BloodBrother_Trailero, dont say you hate him... He's after all a member of Iron Maiden and has been it for several years and he is a great guitarist so please just like someone more than another (in this case H).

I must say i love them both!!! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-MaidenSweden+Oct 4 2003, 06:19 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(MaidenSweden @ Oct 4 2003, 06:19 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Davey is the guitar king in Iron Maiden! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
you're damn right

one more thing, if Janick is bad guitarist then Maiden would kick him out long time ago

[!--QuoteBegin-SandMaN+Oct 3 2003, 06:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SandMaN @ Oct 3 2003, 06:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Well, I see most of you HATE Janick... and thats bad. He's a member of Iron Maiden, just like the others. Maybe you like one more than another, but you cant hate any member....
If he would be as awful as you say, somebody would have fired him...

Adrian is very good, so is Janick.

This discussion is right over. [/quote]
Exactly.

Message from MaidenSweden:

Stop messing about Jan and H! They're both in Maiden now, and it all works fine! I'm tired of these topics too by now... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well...me to.
But it's always funny with discussions, but maybe we can find some other topic that interesst as many people as this one. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Of course it isn't.

But we're lucky. On the official board some people post Janick sux in a topic about the Dance of Death album [!--emo&:wacko:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wacko.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wacko.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back